|Job Title:||Service Engineer|
|Location:||North West England|
|Salary:||£40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-28 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Genevra Smith|
|Job Published:||January 28, 2019 12:00|
Working predominantly within the Service team, help the service department in installation and commissioning, servicing, developing equipment in Europe, Asia and the Middle East..
- Deliver service work on canmaking machinery to include initial inspection, maintenance; start up, commissioning upgrades and conversions.
- Once a customer enquiry has been specified, identify the technical requirements to ensure that the customer expectations are met.
- To aid and assist customers with training and cost saving value engineering exercises.
- Working on customer queries, problem solving to help with correction of faults, improvements in techniques or reverse engineering.
- Offer recommendations to the customer for improvements and upgrades of equipment that will improve the performance of equipment.
Large Turnkey projects
- During the installation of the equipment, highlight any faults to the project manager and arrange for replacements to be sent.
- Working with, customer engineers make sure that the line runs to specification and to the satisfaction of the customer to ensure sign off.
- Reporting of any relevant information to the Service Manager.
- Work without supervision
- Carry out any reasonable work request
- To comply with all current Health and Safety Legislation
- Train customers on the machine setting and maintenance.
- Working with the Spares team, help to promote Sales of Spares components and deal face to face with customers.
- Trying to sell Spares to customers with limited or no training on the processes, packages or opportunities.
- Need for flexibility to meet the changing needs of clients.
- Working effectively with colleagues whilst ensuring that clients’ needs are identified and achieved.
- Understanding the customer requests and ensuring that information is translated back to the head office accurately.
- Working to very tight deadlines.
Mandatory Job related Competencies:
- City and Guilds Mechanical Engineering.
- Time served 4 year Apprenticeship Mechanical Maintenance
- Capable of understanding full Engineering drawings.
- Computer literate.
- Willingness to travel and work globally.
- To have cultural awareness of Asia, Europe and Africa and The Middle East.
- Re-set machines to manufacturers specifications
- Strip and rebuild various components and machines.
- The jobholder should be flexible, positive and detail conscious.
- The ability to work in a systematic, thorough and precise manner is necessary to maintain accurate records.
- A high level of customer service and inter personal skill is essential to achieve the required levels of customer satisfaction.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- An ability to manage time efficiently.
- Flexible, positive and detail conscious.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Willingness to share knowledge and skills.
- Strong work ethic – proven ability to “go above and beyond.”
- Positive attitude and the ability to stay flexible in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Able to work independently without close supervision.
- Build confidence and pride, both internally and externally through positive attitude.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Air Conditioning Service Engineer
£30000 - £34000 per annum
Hydraulic Mobile Service Engineer
£20000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus
CNC Field Service Engineer
Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000 - £36000 per annum + car
Mobile Electrical Service Engineer
£30000 - £40000 per annum
Field Service Engineer
£14 - £16 per hour