International Marine Service Engineer
|Job Title:||International Marine Service Engineer|
|Salary:||Competitive: please contact for further information|
|Contact Name:||Robert Hannan|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2019 14:25|
Due to expansion, a Global Marine Engineering company, based in Hedge End, Southampton are recruiting for an International Marine Service Engineer to help deal with increasing customer demand.
Due to the locations of their customers the Service Engineer will be required travel throughout the UK and there will also be significant worldwide travel.
Up to 2/3 of this person's working week will be spent travelling to clients: mainly in Europe but also further afield. Travel will be full expensed and on the odd occasion that weekend work/travel is required, time off in lieu will be accrued.
The International Marine Service Engineer's key responsibilities include the service and commissioning, maintenance and repair on a range of specific products.
The role is based in the UK with Overseas travel.
Workshop duties will be carried out in our Southampton factory with additional training to be provided for the successful candidate.
As a Marine Service Engineer you will be expected to undertake site assessments and surveys, carry out all necessary mechanical and electrical servicing and commissioning of systems and equipment and ensure detailed reporting and feedback is provided.
A full job description will be supplied to all suitable candidates.
• Servicing & Commissioning throughout the UK and overseas
• Mechanical, Electrical & PLC fault finding
• Ongoing training & development
• Significant fully expensed travel
• Providing timely reports
• Workshop duties to be carried out upon requirement
• HNC/HND or equivalent Qualifications required
• General Mechanical / Electrical Engineering background essential: you will ideally have at least five years mechanical and/or electrical experience in a yacht / super yacht / commercial marine environment
• Three phase & PLC fault finding skills
• Good mechanical background
• Happy to travel and stay away from home for up to 2 weeks at a time (note: it will mainly be weekday travelling only)
• Based locally desirable
• Pension scheme
• 25 days paid holiday in addition to bank and public holidays
• Annual bonus scheme
- Time off in lieu for any weekend days spent working away
This is a full-time permanent position with a large international company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Richmond upon Thames
£35000 - £40000 per annum
International Field Service Technician- Accrington
£25000 - £45000 per annum
£30000 - £35000 per annum + pension, bonus
£25000 - £38000 per annum
CNC Field Service Engineer
Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000 - £36000 per annum + car