|Job Title:||Service Accountant|
|Salary:||£24.28 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-07-22 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ornela Mooradun|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2019 17:33|
Location: Harrow, HA1 2XY
Employer: Pertemps Recruitment for Harrow Council
Contract Type: Temp / Full time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within Harrow Council for an experienced, self-motivated Service Accountant to join our expanding team on a temporary assignment.
In return we pay a competitive rate of £24.28 per hour, other benefits include excellent training and support for career development and 20 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays).
Role description -
- To provide professional financial advice and support to a service Division or Directorate based on a sound understanding of the business and the regulatory/accounting regime.
- Co-ordinate both the revenue and capital budget preparation, budget monitoring and closure of accounts work for the relevant service area.
- To forge an excellent working relationship with the service directorate, whilst maintaining professional integrity and not compromising on financial best practice.
- To lead and/or participate in improvement projects or matrix management projects as directed, as part of the Division's transformation and improvement agenda.
- To build and maintain successful working relationships with Service Managers in the Directorate in order to be able to act as a 'critical friend' by providing support, advice and challenge to support the strategic and operational decision making function of the service.
- To manage the service finance team in such a way as to promote a customer service culture and effectively deliver the agreed service plan delegated to the post holder.
- To produce or assist in producing financial advice and support to elected Members, Corporate Directors, senior managers, budget managers and colleagues within the Finance & Assurance Division (particularly Finance Business Partners) to the highest professional standards and within prescribed timescales.
- To coordinate the detailed revenue and capital budget preparation for the relevant service in line with the corporate timetable and process.
- To provide advice and guidance to budget managers in setting their detailed budgets, drawing on monitoring trends and demographic and economic data. To undertake more in-depth budget reviews for complex, high risk or volatile budgets.
- To support budget managers fulfil their budget management responsibilities, undertaking trend analysis to inform budget monitoring.
- To ensure that various financial and statistical returns required by central Government and other bodies are completed and submitted in accordance with the required timetables, including the quarterly capital receipt pooling return.
- To ensure that proper accounting records of all service grant claims are maintained and to ensure the timely preparation and submission of all service grant claims.
- To report on the progress of completing these returns and grant claims to the Head of Technical Finance & Accountancy.
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£17.5 - £18.5 per hour
£30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days hols, pension, profit share
£37000 - £42000 per annum
£45000 - £50000 per annum
£30000 - £35000 per annum