|Salary||Depending on experinece||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
Monday to Friday
Travel required to Glasgow
Basic Disclosure Required
Main Duties of the role:
User researchers plan, design and carry out research activities with users that help teams get a deep understanding of the people that use government services. User research informs policy, proposition, service, content and interaction design so that services work well for users and achieve their policy intent.
A senior user researcher is an experienced practitioner who is able to plan and lead user research activities in larger teams and on more complex services. They build user-centred practices in new teams and align user research activities with wider plans to inform service proposition. They may supervise and develop other user researchers to assure and improve research practice. Main duties include:
- Planning and executing a field and lab based user research according to business and project needs.
- Advise colleagues on choice and application of appropriate user research methods and tools to assure best practice and ensure that research findings are robust, actionable and suited to the overall aims and objectives of the project.
- Facilitate the inclusion of different types of users in appropriate research activities.
- Advocate for accessibility, assisted digital, and inclusive design practices and helps teams design and deliver accessible services that work for all users.
- Support teams to continually improve their understanding of and engagement with users.
- Provide actionable insights to support design decision making.
- Champion and advocate for user research and engage sceptical colleagues and stakeholders.
- Undertakes development and or assurance of ethics and consent processes, and supports the development of privacy and equalities impact assessments.
- Participate in and/or support programme and project assurance activities
- Other duties as required by SG to support wider corporate activities
- Key DDaT Capability Descriptor
- Research skills Practitioner
- Analysis and synthesis Practitioner
- Inclusive research Practitioner
- User-centred and agile practices Practitioner
- Society and technology Working
- Strategic insight Working
SFIA Skills directly associated with this role
SFIA Skill Title (link to SFIA7)
User research (URCH) 70% Level 5
User experience analysis (UNAN) 10% Level 5
User experience evaluation (USEV) 20% Level 5
Please apply with CV