Senior Systems Engineer
- Job Reference: 00008246-1
- Date Posted: 30 June 2020
- Location: Kent
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
Capability and Infrastructure - Lead Systems Engineer
Kent, TN14 7BS
QinetiQ's Systems Engineers are renowned for providing high quality solutions following best practise through the engineering lifecycle, from establishing user requirements to delivering safe, fit for purpose capability and infrastructure solutions. As a Lead Systems Engineer you will own and lead the delivery of the technical solution, working alongside project management, sub-contractors, subject matter experts, and technical teams. We have an opportunity for two experienced Systems Engineers to join the team in driving Energetics Technology upgrades at Fort Halstead, Kent.
We are seeking experienced Systems Engineers with a track record of end-end hands-on engineering leadership of technical solution delivery; ideally with an interest in one or more of; explosives test, analysis and experimental infrastructure, site security systems, IT infrastructure and capability and or site utilities and services.
Initially spending the majority of your time on site at Fort Halstead, Kent to develop detailed technical understanding of the requirements and integrate into the project team but with scope for more flexible working arrangements in the longer term in line with project requirements.
• Lead the technical delivery of site upgrades at Fort Halstead, applying systems engineering principles working through the full engineering lifecycle.
• Work closely with the project management team to ensure the technical delivery is in line with business needs, budget, quality and schedule.
• Preparation / refinement of requirements (user/system), specifications and subcontractor statements of work in line with technical solution and stakeholder needs.
• Develop strong and effective working relationships with all stakeholders; validate and communicate technical progress with clear, concise messaging to all levels.
• Provide direction and recommendations relating to technical risks and opportunities, owning actions, solutions documents and updates.
• Understand and apply relevant regulatory, safety and technical standards, inherently integrating required compliance activity into the technical delivery.
• Plan and deliver verification and acceptance activity, collating and presenting evidence to ensure delivered outcome is certifiable as fit for purpose, meets requirements and is safe for use.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
• Systems engineering experience through full engineering lifecycle, ideally within a defence or infrastructure environment with up to date knowledge of engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools.
• Experience of using DOORS to manage requirements and compliance evidence
• Ability to decompose complex issues, to appropriate level of details, in a methodical manner.
• Substantial analytical and technical problem solving skills.
• Recognised as a leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proven ability to build trust and respect at all levels and deliver on tasks, against expectation and within constraints.
• Experience in gaining design certification and customer acceptance.
• Able to coordinate multi-stakeholder analysis into reports and presentations for delivery to customers & industry partners and understand business process.
Why join us?
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success with QinetiQ is the appetite for innovation and courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges. Joining QinetiQ offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
In return we’re offering:
• Full-Time, Permanent Position (37Hr Contracted Week & Flexi Working)
• Remote working supported
• Annual individual and company related performance bonuses
• Pension - Up to 10.5 % Company contributed
• Share Incentive Plan
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• Flexible Working, Social and family events
• Multiple health, leisure, childcare, medical and retail discounts
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets.
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position please click apply and we will be in contact.