We are looking for someone to join our Farnborough team and play a leading role in the preparation of information for design certification and customer acceptance. The technical team are in the final stages of integration and test of a software intensive system which also includes: mechanical/electronic hardware, data, control solutions operating across security levels.
Provide clear leadership and direction to the team completing the Verification Compliance Reference Index (VCRI document). You will collate verification evidence provided by the verification team, filing, cataloguing and reporting on compliance as well as capturing commentary that needs to be clearly communicated to acceptance reviews. You will lead the presentation of VCRI status and lead in the capturing the status of consequential actions.
This requires attention to detail and experience in the collation of verification evidence, compliance management and the presentation of evidence, status and consequences to a broad stakeholder group. Your experience will include use of DOORS, excel, PPT. and the ability to read Sys ML artefacts, such as sequence diagrams.
The project is part of the wider Maritime Training, Tactics, Test and Evaluation Transformation (MT3ET) IDT which provides solutions to the various parts of the MOD in the sub surface, surface and air environments as well as to customers both inside and outside of UK government. These projects span a diverse range, from pure research through to product development and deployment. Recent projects include specification, development and delivery of; underwater signature measurement ranges, radar cross section measurement systems, high security classification networks and databases, specialist test systems and electronic warfare test systems.
We offer the opportunity to get involved and help deliver the solution, across the whole lifecycle from feasibility to acceptance with challenging and unique engineering projects. Some travel is involved; which will include Range visits and multi (UK) site working and collaboration with partner teams and companies.
Responsibilities & Output
You will be leading and working with experienced systems engineers and SME’s therefore this is well supported opportunity to develop and practice systems engineering skills.
• Adhering to the plans prepared by the Lead Engineer and providing suggested improvements;
• Managing DOORS to reflect traceability and status as directed by the Lead Engineer; • Capture of test evidence, co-ordinating and progressing any further action;
• Updating DOORS with traceability to evidence and compliance
• Preparing documentation for sign off including the Acceptance Evidence Document
• Tracking Problem Reports, preparing and taking concessions through the Review Panel
• Updating verification and compliance matrix
• Driving evidence packs for Assurance Events and other reviews as required by the Lead Engineer
• Analysing data and producing Short Technical Notes presenting evidence;
• Constructing and presenting Trial Plans to the Trial Stakeholders.
• Presenting evidence to stakeholders in preparation for and during Acceptance Working Groups.
• SC cleared
• Proven communication and leadership skills to lead compliance management with team, business and customer stakeholders.
• Ability to prioritise and order work, to achieve staged releases, working methodically with the team.
• Experience of delivering stage gates below, including putting together presentations that succinctly highlight the relevant elements for stakeholders.
o test readiness or demonstration readiness reviews
o system acceptance reviews
o system certification reviews
• Presentation of compliance status at Acceptance Reviews.
• Experience in managing Test Evidence and Compliance
• Experience in using DOORS • Ability to read Sys ML diagrams generated in Enterprise Architect software, such as sequence diagrams.
• Experience in Acceptance process, Design Certification and Evidence reporting
• Domain knowledge desirable
This specific project includes procured, developed and combination subsystems in the following domains: Voice, Data & Video Communications, Networking, Radar, Underwater Tracking, Underwater communications, Acoustics, Meteorological systems, recording equipment, Publish-Subscribe systems, Thin Client deployments, Marine Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Security, Safety and Human Factors
You would be joining a team that takes career development seriously. We support and encourage members of our team through IPD to achieve at least Chartered status with the appropriate professional body, and ongoing CPD to maintain their professionalism.
At QinetiQ, the opportunity exists to move between teams to improve skills and experience. You will be encouraged to develop your career and skills sets, cultivate new ideas and help drive business products forwards. Your initiative, enthusiasm and drive are as important to us as your job specific skills. Building and developing customer relationships is essential to our business strategy. Your involvement will be crucial to this.