Senior Survey Technician – Heathrow
Our Senior Survey Technicians are responsible for calibrating, servicing and repairing high end survey and communications equipment, in line with manufacturers’ requirements. Survey equipment includes lasers and high-end Leica, Trimble and Topcon surveying equipment.
- Calibrating, servicing and repairing high end survey equipment in line with the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) requirements across a variety of manufacturers to a consistently high standard.
- Use third party software to an advanced level, record keeping and periodic stock checking.
- Supervise and monitor Junior Technicians whilst operating within a defined management structure.
- Provide the end user with information around the safe operation of equipment provide remote assistance with technical queries.
- Peer review work completed by other Technicians and suggest process improvements.
- Identify upcoming spare part shortages, equipment in incorrect status and work with third party systems where required.
Why work with us?
- to £37,500 annual salary
- Monday to Friday hours
- 28 days holidays including Bank holidays
- Additional Holidays – Salary Sacrifice
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Health Benefit Scheme
- Health Shield, Flu Vaccine, Eye Care Vouchers
- Company Sick Pay
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
- Employee Tool Hire at Brandon Hire Station
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Have traceable Leica, Trimble or Topcon Certification - Levels & Lasers, TPS & GPS or other manufacturer equivalent
- Ideally have undergone OEM training on several items of ESSential and Core equipment to servicing level and can demonstrate a track record in servicing this equipment.
- Have good communication skills
- Be willing to complete a DBS check
- Be confident in dealing with colleagues and customers effectively
- Be a great team player but can work just as effectively individually
- Leica Key Knowledge course or equivalent, not essential
ESS is a leading specialist in Safety, Survey, Communications, Test and Measurement equipment. With over 32 years’ experience, the business has grown exponentially and today, supplies customers with equipment hire, specialist support services and training across the UK.
Our people are what makes our business successful and we aim to provide a great place to work, where every employee feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
Vp plc is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.