Senior Support Worker - Media Lead
- Job Reference: 00081660-1
- Date Posted: 3 November 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: West Green, Sussex
- Salary: £10.50 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
Nexgen Locum are currently looking for an experienced and resilient Senior Support Worker in London (N22).
- To take the lead on Media and to implement and action Media and objectives within the set time frames in additional to your usual support worker duties.
- To support service users and staff (key workers) to evidence in written and video records all aspects of their daily lives, which they demonstrated that they have maximum opportunities and choice for developing new skills and leading fulfilling, varied life. To evidence that the people we support are valued and live socially
inclusive lifestyles where their rights, dignity and safety are protected and respected.
- To lead and direct the support workers to ensure a high standard of work is maintained and recorded and evidenced by written, pictorial, and videos.
1. To take the lead on the implementation and delivery of the Media programme, including coaching, supporting, motivating and monitoring staff to ensure the tools are implemented and are embedded within the organisation. Including using mediums such as Oomph, our sensory room, skills assessments, meeting and developing the KPIs within allocated time frames, and sharing weekly updates of completed work to the managerial team.
2. Identifying, detailing, and recording all interactions with the People we Support (PWS), behaving according to our Handbook specifications, and detailing all progress and/or interactions with the PWS pictorially, using video, or in written format.
3. To administer medication when required, in accordance with policies and procedures and after completion of medication assessment.
4. To be responsible for checking Health and safety in all homes.
5. To take responsibility for ensuring weekly tests (Covid related and otherwi are carried out and maintenance completed.
6. To create 2 exciting videos per year of care home to showcase activities to present to CQC and other stakeholders.
7. To carry out a weekly ORM for the home you predominantly work.
KEY WORKER DUTIES
1. Complete all written, pictorial (photograph), video information according to requirements in a manner which is professional and assessable to colleagues and other professionals, in line with our Handbook.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. As part of your Rota, provide sleep over and waking night support where required.
2. To keep informed and up to date with regards to current initiatives in Learning, Physical Disability, Autism and mental Health fields. In addition to develop knowledge through training.
3. To undertake other duties appropriate to the post of senior support worker, as directed by the manager.
4. Participate in regular formal individual supervision sessions and Annual appraisals with your line manager.
5. To support the manager in carrying out supervision and Appraisals to allocated staff members.
6. Carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the company’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant health and Safety Legislation.
7. To take part in the on-call system and be on-call once every 3 weeks.
8. To be able to sign agency time sheets according to the updated rota.
Your working hours will be worked flexibly as part of a team or number of teams including daytime, evening, sleep-in shifts and weekend work.
These include a mixture of: Early - 8am to 3pm, Late - 3pm to 10pm and Sleep-in’s from 10pm to 8am
Need to be flexible and work weekends, all staff get one weekend off every 3 weeks
You may also be required to work across different work locations in a defined local area where this is a requirement of the service. You will undertake on-call duties as required.
- Annual Trip Abroad
- Holidays within the UK (Covid-19 Allowing)
- Incentives such as bonuses and gifts
- Working as part of a National Autistic Accredited Organisation with CQC “Good” Rating
- Access to quality in-house training
- Access to NVQ’s and other training opportunities
- Access to all software systems utilised including Planday and OOMPH etc
- To be part of a thriving diverse community dedicated to consistent Growth and Learning
Don't Delay! Apply Today