Senior Sous Chef - Independent School - Bristol - £28,000
|Job Title:||Senior Sous Chef - Independent School - Bristol - £28,000|
|Salary:||£28000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rob Jones|
|Job Published:||March 25, 2019 15:27|
My client is an Independent School which was founded in 1862 to educate the sons of dons. From these modest beginnings the School has grown to be an internationally renowned independent day and boarding preparatory school for over 700 boys and girls aged 8 to 13.
- To ensure food production, standards, costs & menu planning are carried out in a timely fashion, as agreed with the Executive Head Chef.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of the section as appropriate.
- To compile food orders and develop new food concepts.
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company and the client.
- To ensure that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To be customer focused at all times; approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- To ensure all food is cooked, presented and served in line with company standards, using innovation in the method and style of presentation and food service.
- To assess kitchen team performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- To assist in the development of the kitchen team by empowering it, supporting it, encouraging it and maintaining an 'open door' policy.
- To motivate and lead by example, ensuring you and your team have fun at work and are proud of your efforts.
- To treat your team at location as you would expect to be treated.
- To ensure all financial controls, costings, wastage and orders are met within the client budget.
- To ensure purchasing is made using nominated suppliers and a system for quality and credit controls is maintained.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
- To ensure that the kitchen meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and environmental legislation and procedures.
- To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order.
- To ensure safe working practices are followed and equipment faults are reported to the Executive Head Chef.
- To ensure that all college procedures and work instructions are fully understood and practised by all employees.
- To promote and encourage environmental improvement initiatives as appropriate within the business.
- To be smartly dressed wearing provided company uniform, polite, professional and friendly at all times, with customers, clients & colleagues.
- To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times
- To demonstrate a can - do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
- To acquire a good knowledge of all products and services in order to be able to advise individual customers on their product choice
- To actively gain feedback, passing on comments gained to your line manager
- To ensure any job asked is performed and completed to the best of your ability.
- To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of the Executive Head Chef and attending training courses as identified.
- To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
- To attend to any reasonable request made by the client.
- To assist / deputise for the Head Chef.
- NVQ qualification or equivalent
- Excellent craft skills background
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Successful progressive background in contract catering
- Professional training in presentation and negotiation skills
- Skills and Personal Qualities
- Good delegation and influencing skills
- Flair and innovative with menus and food presentation
- Good negotiating skills
- Effective at time management
- Exposure to leadership or man management training skills
- Smart clean appearance, high standard of personal hygiene
- Confident, lively and outgoing personality
- Approachable, friendly and cheerful
- Respectful and able to gain respect
- Keen to continue self-development within current role and ambition for further promotion or growth
- Employer offers a minimum 3% contribution to a Group Personal Pension
- Life insurance 3 x gross salary
- Access to swimming pool during lunch school term, when on duty
- Meals provided during your working hours
- Full uniform (including safety shoes)
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme and child care vouchers
ACT NOW: Press The Apply button to apply.
If you are interested in this role then APPLY NOW or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 01635 34949 for more details or to discuss other opportunities
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
SOUS CHEF - BOARDING SCHOOL - £11.70PH
Senior Sous Chef - Hythe
£32500 - £33000 per annum
£23500 per annum
£11.50 - £12.00 per hour + Holiday Pay
Sous Chef - Blandford - Live In
Blandford Forum, Dorset
Tips + Company benefits