Senior Sous Chef
|Job Title:||Senior Sous Chef|
|Salary:||Up to £32,000|
|Start Date:||2019-08-08 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Davina Healey|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2019 10:44|
Sodexo are looking for a Senior Sous Chef to join our team at Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club.
Reporting to the head chef, you will be responsible for leading culinary excellence in your own business area. Creating menu concepts, developing food ideas to meet ever-changing market needs and maintaining a safe working environment will be critical to the success of anyone in this role.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
Up to £32,000 plus benefitsMain responsibilities
- Introduce new menu concepts & ideas to meet the ever-changing market needs & trends
- Be responsible for the full compliance of statutory & Company regulations regarding food safety & hygiene
- Attend and lead daily briefing meetings, weekly department head meetings, monthly health & safety meetings & quarterly staff meetings
- Monitor and co-ordinate the team tasks on a daily & weekly basis, so that all food and meal requirements from visitors are met to the required standard and on time
- Deputise for head chef in their absence
- Support head chef to ensure all menu items are fully costed to achieve budgeted GP% levels & specifications are set for recipes & presentation
- Food safety management system is adhered to and maintained in line with audits scores achieved
- Drive profitability for both Sodexo and client through excellence in execution, ensuring that monitoring and auditing standards are met
- Experience within a sous chef role (minimum 2 years)
- Experience in high volume catering environment
- B&I experience advantageous
- IT skills
- Strong communications skills
- Experience working in a compliance driven environment
- Demonstrative customer focus and service skills
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's