Senior Sous Chef
|Job Title:||Senior Sous Chef|
|Salary:||Up to £32,000 dependent on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-06-10 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kathryn Pendlebury|
|Job Published:||June 10, 2019 15:50|
Sodexo are looking for a Senior Sous Chef to join our team at Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club.
Reporting to the head chef, you will be responsible for leading culinary excellence in your own business area. Creating menu concepts, developing food ideas to meet ever-changing market needs and maintaining a safe working environment will be critical to the success of anyone in this role.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
Up to £32,000 plus benefitsMain responsibilities
- Introduce new menu concepts & ideas to meet the ever-changing market needs & trends
- Be responsible for the full compliance of statutory & Company regulations regarding food safety & hygiene
- Attend and lead daily briefing meetings, weekly department head meetings, monthly health & safety meetings & quarterly staff meetings
- Monitor and co-ordinate the team tasks on a daily & weekly basis, so that all food and meal requirements from visitors are met to the required standard and on time
- Deputise for head chef in their absence
- Support head chef to ensure all menu items are fully costed to achieve budgeted GP% levels & specifications are set for recipes & presentation
- Food safety management system is adhered to and maintained in line with audits scores achieved
- Drive profitability for both Sodexo and client through excellence in execution, ensuring that monitoring and auditing standards are met
- Experience within a sous chef role (minimum 2 years)
- Experience in high volume catering environment
- B&I experience advantageous
- 7061/7062 or equivalent as a minimum
- IT skills
- Strong communications skills
- Experience working in a compliance driven environment
- Demonstrative customer focus and service skills
Our mission is improve the quality of life of Sodexo employees and all those we serve, and contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities, regions and countries in which we operate. We work to improve the well-being of people across the globe through our unique range of expert services and the talent of our teams. As one of the world’s largest employers and a
company of “people at the service of other people,” we are committed to being an employer of choice – providing jobs for our people, as well as training and opportunities for internal promotion to help our employees move up the career ladder.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's