Senior Software Engineer
- Job Reference: 00055024-1
- Date Posted: 12 January 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Plymouth, Devon
- Salary: £50,000 to £65,000
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent
This role requires relocation to Bristol - Relocation package on offer**
We are partnered with Huboo - who are looking to scale up their development teams with a load of new talented technical hires going into 2022. Backed by VC funding and with one of (if not the) coolest offices in Bristol which even includes a climbing wall for those brave enough to scale it – what’s not to love!
In this role you’ll be working in a frequently evolving environment to assist Huboo in meeting their technical goals. Within this you’ll address the entire software development lifecycle: to analyse the needs, and then design, test, and develop software to meet them.
Your Day-to-Day responsibilities
* Produce well-designed, clean code based on specifications that is testable, efficient and scalable
* Write and maintain high-quality unit and functional tests
* Creating a component library to be used across application estate
* Maintain and enhance existing codebases by identifying opportunities for improvement, peer review code changes, making recommendations and designing and implementing front-end architecture
* Rely on monitoring and feedback systems to correct software defects
* Improve system quality.
* Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
* Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
* Advise and assist testers on the best way to ensure your code is of the highest quality
* Collaborate with colleagues and other teams to implement technical designs
* Investigate and use new technologies where relevant
* Integrate existing software products and get incompatible platforms to work together
* Ensure software is updated with latest features
* CSS / SASS.
* REST API development and integration
* Experience with test driven development and an understanding of basic automated testing techniques esp Jest.
* A strong understanding of agile techniques and ability to work in a team within Agile frameworks
* Solid knowledge of Object Orientated programming concepts and patterns
* The ability to use recognised design patterns in the appropriate places
* An understanding of the cloud technologies available to developers
* Debugging and code profiling experience
* Solid knowledge of Docker to perform day to day developer duties
* Microservices and containerisation (Docker), Kubernetes, AWS
* Basic understanding of web server technologies such as Nginx
* A good understanding of Git and branching strategies
A strong company culture, a fantastic work environment amazing new office in Bristol (there will be a roof terrace, bar, fully working kitchen and a load of other good stuff) and will (when COVID-19 has gone) run regular social events – so if the job looks right for you, then come and join a thriving team. As a business we are constantly improving the way we do agile, so as a part of the team, you will be expected to contribute to helping us figure out how we can move forward, delivering more business value in less time with happier, motivated teams.
* 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
* An excellent working environment in Central Bristol - We are happy to pay for relocation
* Free health insurance (optional)