|Location||Yeovil, Somerset||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Negotiable||Sector||IT & Telecoms|
The purpose of the Senior Synthetic Software Engineer is to manage a small group of software developers to design, develop and execute software solutions in order to deliver a full range of responsive, customer focused goods & services.
Reporting to the Simulation Learning and Support Systems Development Manager, key skills and experience include;
* Provide a UK focus for Software Engineering within the Training team.
* Support the Governance and Control of software engineering activities including the assignment of software engineers to product development, contract delivery and support to customer proposals.
* Design, develop and execute software solutions to address business issues
* Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed.
* Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
* Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product.
* Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility.
* Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
* Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team.
* Continue progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design.
* Support supplier network to ensure consistency with initial design.
* Follow technical guidance and coaching provided.
* Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
* Check final product before launch.
* Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.