Senior Service Designer
|Job Title:||Senior Service Designer|
|Salary:||Depending on Experience|
|Start Date:||2019-05-17 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Anamaria Colceriu|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2019 14:09|
Work with our Service Design practice to:
- influence and mentor others
- work with service managers and senior managers to develop designs.
- take responsibility for design across complex services.
- The senior service designer will help set direction and embed good
- practice within teams, make key decisions based on research and understand how this research impacts others
- To map end to end services in line with user needs and business requirements
- Work in a new service team
- Share understanding of approach to service design and maturity and how this supports the Scottish Government approach.
- Support the formation of a Service Design community of practice
- (CoP) with other internal and external colleagues
- Work closely with the Head of Service Design to establish and foster a Service Design culture
- Collaboration and Partnering
- Able to listen to the needs of the technical and business stakeholders, and interpret between them. Able to manage
- stakeholders’ expectations and be flexible, is capable of proactive and reactive communication.
- Facilitates difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders
Leading and Communicating/Building Capability for All
Works with higher impact or more complex risks. Builds consensus
between services or independent stakeholders. Leads others to make
good design decisions mentoring others, through pairing & role
modelling. Shares best practice and can coach others.
Can identify and understand constraints, and is able to communicate
these and work within them. Is able to challenge the validity of
constraints ensuring RoS standards are being met. Providing
direction on which tools and methods to use by using experience to
meet the needs of users across a variety of channels.
Analysis and making effective decisions
Able to make decisions characterised by medium levels of risk and
complexity and recommend decisions as risk and complexity
increase, building consensus between services or independent
stakeholders. Able to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic
and rectify them. Engages in varying types of feedback choosing the
right type at the appropriate time and ensuring discussions and
decisions are actioned as appropriate.
Delivering a quality service
Visualising and implementing strategic service design end to end,
applying different risk methodologies in proportion to the risk in
question, with the ability to apply a digital understanding to their work
and to identify and implement solutions for assisted digital.
Designs service patterns for use across multiple services and can
identify the simplest approach out of a variety of approaches
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Equipment Service Technic
£9 per hour, Benefits: holiday pay, pension
Senior Public Affairs Officer
£37000 per annum
Contracts & Procurement Manager
£500 - £600 per day
Transformation Programme Manager
£600 - £700 per day
Head of Partnering and Engagement (Asia Pacific)