Our Client has has been operating at the forefront of technological innovation in the Space Industry and notably the satellite communications sector for more than two decades, offering to all stakeholders exemplary systems engineering expertise needed to define, design, develop and operate state-of-the-art solutions and systems. Their specific portfolio of capabilities and technology know-how is being applied across the full spectrum of any space related project, from initial market opportunity sizing and end- user requirements engineering into space, ground, and user segment development, commissioning, and operations. Serving both the commercial and defence domains, they provide unique modular and agile technology development services enhanced by proof-of-concept demonstrations.
Innovation, horizon scanning, and ingenuity are the guiding principles of all they do for their customers. Working for business requires dedication, personal motivation, passion, and commitment as they continually seek to improve client outcomes. The excellent results the Company consistently achieves, continues to support their aggressive growth strategy. Their reputation at the personal and team level is outstanding, making it a great place to work and to develop your career.
The team is involved in establishing the requirements, design, capacity, performance and resource planning, verification and operation of satellite communications networks for both civil and military customers.
Our Client is expanding their team and are seeking a versatile Senior Satellite Communications Systems Engineer to provide technical and commercial expertise to customers.
The candidate will be responsible for undertaking a variety of communications systems engineering tasks on advanced satellite communications networks and supported communications services.
The successful candidate will benefit from interesting, varied and challenging work. In return, Our Client requires an excellent breadth of systems engineering knowledge and experience. Ideally the successful candidate is expected to have acquired some specialisms and so will be expected to demonstrate experience of many - although not necessarily all - of the following skills, experience and responsibilities.
- Carry out modelling and establish and validate requirements for satellites networks based on end user needs
- End-to-end communications design and development incorporating RF systems, IP networks, OSS/BSS technology and development
- Requirements analysis and assessment of supplier solutions to meet communications systems requirements
- Communications system test strategy development and VV&T plan documentation and test execution in either ground or in-orbit test environments
- Ground segment engineering/terminal design and development
- Communications payload engineering design and test
- Preparation of concept of operations and service delivery documentation
Skills, Character And Experience
- Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused team
- Good customer-facing and communication skills with ability to produce and present clear, concise and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to identify key issues and to solve day-to-day challenges and issues
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions to defined problems
- Minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Space System Engineering, Electronics, Communications); equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative
- Experience in satcoms systems engineering with a knowledge of system design, ground segment design, satellite operations and payload engineering
- Experience in IP networking, protocols and security of data
- Thorough understanding of communications systems and associated engineering concepts
- Strong practical knowledge of systems engineering practices from requirements engineering through design/development and on to VV&T
- Experience in developing requirements systems design documentation, test plans and procedures and operational procedures
- Knowledge of software development environments, languages and methodologies
- Proven track record of identifying and solving problems
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- Practical experience in the commissioning and testing of satellite systems (satellite and ground based)
- Familiarity with OSS/BSS technology and the use in management and reporting of communications networks
- Experience in assessment/development of security architectures in a communications systems and/or military communications networks
- Experience of software development environments, languages (Python, Java) and methodologies (Agile, DevOps)
- Knowledge of optical, 5G and/or Quantum technologies
- Competitive salary package dependent on skills/experience plus a growing list of Company benefits