- Job Reference: 00072512-1
- Date Posted: 6 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Bristol
- Salary: £35,045 to £40,000
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent
UK Biobank have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Radiographer to join the team.
Salary: £35,045 - £40,000 per annum
Hours: 36 hours per week (3 shifts over a 7 day period Mon - Sun)
Senior Radiographer – The Role:
We are now looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Senior Radiographer to play a key role in the biggest research study of its kind ever undertaken! We are passionate about the development of our employees, with clear routes of progression and extensive training programmes. Our Centre consists of two Siemens MRI scanners. A 3T Skyra for neuro imaging, including fMRI, and a 1.5T Aera for cardiac and abdominal imaging. In addition to this you will also be undertaking Dexa bone density and Ultrasound scans of the carotid artery.
MRI experience would be distinctly advantageous, but not essential as we offer a full and comprehensive training programme in all of our protocols for the right candidate.
- Are a fully qualified Diagnostic Radiographer with excellent interpersonal skills who is looking for a new and exciting challenge
- Are self-motivated, are able to work on your own initiative and have a willingness to teach others
- Have a methodical approach, with a good attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a small team, have a good sense of humour and can maintain a good team spirit
- Are passionate about research and making a difference
- Are HCPC registered
- Have proof of eligibility of the right to work in the UK
… And you want to play a part in the world’s largest Research Imaging programme, then we want you!
Senior Radiographer – Benefits:
- 6.8 weeks of annual leave per year, inclusive of Christmas & Easter shutdowns
- A generous pension scheme (9.8% employee/21.6% employer)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Active social committee
- Enhanced maternity/paternity and shared parental leave
- Life assurance cover
- Access to an independent 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme to support employee wellbeing
- Refer a friend scheme
- Flexible working.
UK Biobank is an international health resource of unparalleled scale. We hold a wide range of samples and health related information provided by our 500,000 volunteer participants, and make these available to researchers across the world for approved health-related research.
Over 22,000 researchers from 90 countries are already using UK Biobank samples and data to improve our understanding of a wide range of serious and life-threatening illnesses from COVID-19 to dementia. Over 2,000 scientific papers based on UK Biobank data have already been published in leading scientific journals.
In support of our goal to make the resource ever more powerful for scientific research, we are currently progressing the world’s largest imaging study. We have already acquired brain, heart and abdomen MRI, DEXA bone density, and carotid artery ultrasound scans on 50,000 volunteers and we are continuing towards our target of 100,000 participants. Beyond that, we are planning a further longitudinal repeat imaging study of up to 60,000 participants. Therefore, this is a really unique and exciting time to be joining us here in Bristol.
UK Biobank strives to be diverse and inclusive where we can ALL be ourselves.
Senior Radiographer – You:
- BSc or Diploma in Radiography
- State Registration with the Health Care Professions Council (HPC)
- High level of competence in scanning to ensure unsupervised work can be safely undertaken
- Detailed knowledge of MRI safety aspects and IR(MER)
- Experience of quality assurance for imaging
- Willingness and ability to adopt new knowledge and research procedures
- Flexible attitude to duties and to hours of work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High professional standards
- Good communication skills
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Willingness to travel to other sites as required
- Post graduate qualification in Radiography
- Knowledge and experience of DEXA and/or Ultrasound
- Computer literate
- Manual handling knowledge
- Experience of medical research and/or large-scale study
- Experience of training and mentoring students/radiographers
- Experience of quality assurance for imaging
- Be an active member of a relevant scientific society
Please visit the ‘Careers’ section of our website for our ‘Recruitment guidance for candidates’ and ‘Benefits of working for UK Biobank’
To find out more and to submit your application to become a Senior Radiographer with UK Biobank, please click ‘Apply’ now.
Previous Applicants need not apply.
UK Biobank operates to ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013 regulations as well as UKAS 17025:2005 regulations