Senior R&D Engineer
- Job Reference: 00006655-1
- Date Posted: 13 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Colchester, Essex
- Salary: £50,000 to £60,000
- Sector: I.T. & Communications, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Senior R&D Engineer
* Colchester, Essex
* c£50K to £60K
* Excellent company benefits, incentives, bonuses, flexible-working, etc.
You will be joining a global manufacturing corporation based in Essex to help improve the lives of patient’s treatment through medical device manufacturing. This role would see you supporting the existing products with compliance and minor modifications, working closely with Manufacturing, Quality and Service to coordinate platform enhancements, implement cost reduction projects, drive corrective actions in response to field issues and respond to new regulatory requirements.
Skills and Experience:
* Significant experience in electronics development for instrumentation (5 years+)
* Good understanding of basic multidisciplinary engineering fundamentals and experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
* Hands-on experience with analogue and digital design, board layout and qualification, programmable logic and control system development, especially for electromechanical devices
* Experience with OrCAD, Mentor Graphics PADS, Mentor Graphics Expedition and Microsoft Office
* Experience with stepper motor controls (LabVIEW and Minitab)
* Degree qualified (B.Eng. or M.Eng.) in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering Controls and Instrumentation
Role and Responsibility:
Operating as a Senior Research and Development Engineer, this diverse role will see your daily activities range from working on obsolesce of components upon printed circuit boards, through to alternative motors at a reduced cost / impact of software changes on hardware.
There will be a variety of projects to undertake:
* Mitigate manufacturing supply risk and manufacturing quality issues
* Provide electrical support to team, investigating hardware complaints, etc.
* Research and implement alternative instrument components and designs
* Identify lower cost solutions, developing project schedules
* Define V&V plans and ensuring on time execution of plans, with all changes documented under guidelines regulated by the FDA
In return for your hard work and commitment, you’ll get all the reward and recognition you deserve as well as the opportunity to develop and progress.
NB: All interviews will be done via video link (Skype or similar) due to COVID-19
To learn and understand more about this role working as a Senior R&D Engineer based in Colchester, Essex; please contact Simon Mattock here at ISR Recruitment or please share a copy of your CV or online business profile for a call back in the strictest confidence