|Salary||£40800 - £52000 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
We are looking for people to join one of our established and expanding Commercial Teams and over the course of your career at Thames Water you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of Projects ranging in value from £25k to £200M.
In this role you will be responsible for all commercial aspects of the Contracts allocated to you by your manager and will be expected to lead on the implementation of robust processes for all your Contracts.
You will also be expected to provide commercial or operational support to Contract Managers as required plus manage a small team of Quantity Surveyors.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Annual and final accounting.
- Estimating and forecasting.
- Supporting in procurement exercises.
- Overseeing the assessment of applications for payment and ensuring that they are made on time and in accordance with the contracts.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
- Manage multiple contracts and assist Contract Managers.
- Ensuring appropriate processes are in place and monitored on your portfolio of contracts to demonstrate that contractual compliance is maintained and any non-performance is identified and corrective actions implemented as necessary.
- Assisting the Contract Managers with the implementation of robust commercial processes with their third party suppliers and providing them with commercial support as and when required.
- Working with our finance department to ensure all financial systems are updated to time, cost and quality; and help identify non-performance and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Supporting the management and optimisation of budgets and spend (in conjunction with finance) on their portfolio of contracts.
- Performing risk, value management and cost control.
- Resolving general disputes and claims as well as providing advice and support to the business.
- Assisting the Managing Quantity Surveyor with the management and strategic development of the wider Quantity Surveying Team.
- Plus loads of other activities.
- A degree in quantity surveying or equivalent with good relevant experience in a Quantity Surveying role is required for this role.
- Knowledge of the water industry and its regulatory frameworks is preferable.
- Procurement experience and will have a successful track record of assuring large actual cost contracts and experience of resolving disputes.
- Dedication and a willingness to learn and develop others is essential.
Working with an established team you will gain insight into how the UK’s largest water company selects and manages its suppliers across a wide spectrum of services, from supplying pumps to repairing leaks, and recruiting temporary staff through to managing our facilities or treatment plant upgrades.
You will be a part of a highly professional Quantity Surveying team empowered to make decisions and responsible for all commercial aspects of your allocated Contracts.
If you are not already a Chartered Quantity Surveyor you will be given the opportunity and support you need to become chartered. The team has a very successful APC and CPD training programme, with the support network of a number of chartered quantity surveyors, RICS APC assessors and colleagues studying to become MRICS and FRICS.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Reading, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.