Senior quantity surveyor
|Job Title:||Senior quantity surveyor|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Kline|
|Job Published:||May 14, 2019 15:07|
* Understand and be able to assess and report business contractual and commercial risks during sales and tender phase.
* Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc.
* Understand the principles of contract law and its importance in defense/application of contractual claims.
* Understand the principles of cost forecasting and reporting
* Provide commercial reporting to Project Teams and Senior Management
* Assist in establishing and maintaining cost and valuation reporting procedures
* Establish, develop and maintain contract administration procedures
* Initiate and maintain a means of contractual understanding within Project Teams.
* To manage the commercial resources of the assigned project to maximize the planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts. To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks.
* To support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorize the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders.
* To maximize cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers.
* To implement Health and Safety and risk Management process
* Establish and enforce standard change management procedures to ensure accuracy of capturing change and quantification of the work.
Degree qualified i.e. Law, BSc or MSc, preferably a member of a professional body.
* Minimum of 10 years Quantity Surveying experience or an in depth knowledge of the different construction process within the Power Distribution, Utilities or M&E
* Professional and Approachable individual with an excellent prioritization and time management skills
* Working knowledge of NEC3, FIDIC and Bespoke forms of contracts.
* Experience in monthly cost/value reporting and cash flow management both with clients and supply chain.
* Experience in preparation and presentation of compensation events, extension of time and other claims.
* Computer literacy - Minimum Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Team player
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (Written and Oral).
* Experience of collaborative working and strong communication skills both in partnership with Clients, and in liaising with the various specialist functions within my client.
* A tenacious individual who wants answers, listens, defines problems and not afraid to implement changes
* An analytical person who can demonstrate attention to detail and also well organized and can work independently under a broad direction.
* Experience of client facing roles,
* An individual with a forward thinking approach and the ability to develop client relationships.
* An individual fully au fait with all aspects of pre and post contract quantity surveying duties.
* Experience working in the Electricity Supply Industry (or similar client base with projects incorporating electrical engineering scope).
* Understanding of planning processes and tools such as Primavera and Microsoft Project
* Understand the use of account software's such as SAP or similar project/commercial management tools such as COINS, AXIM or the like
* Able to compile presentation slides including making presentations to groups utilizing presentation tools such as power point.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Estimator / Quantity Surveyor - Refurbishment
£38000 - £40000 per annum
Senior Production Planner
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Senior Design Engineer
£37000 - £42000 per annum
Senior Structural Engineer
£38000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: flexible working, 25 days holiday, company pension
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
£40000 - £45000 per annum