Senior Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Senior Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£52000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-04-01 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Denise Phillips|
|Job Published:||March 08, 2019 16:11|
Our client is looking for people to join one of their established and expanding Teams and over the course of your career you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of Projects ranging in value from £25k to £200M.
In this role you will be responsible for all commercial aspects of the Contracts allocated to you by your manager and will be expected to lead on the implementation of robust processes for all your Contracts. You will also be expected to provide commercial or operational support to Contract Managers as required plus manage a small team of Quantity Surveyors.
Working with an established team you will gain insight into how the company selects and manages its suppliers across a wide spectrum of services, from supplying pumps to repairing leaks, and recruiting temporary staff through to managing our facilities or treatment plant upgrades.
You will be a part of a highly professional Quantity Surveying team empowered to make decisions and responsible for all commercial aspects of your allocated Contracts.
If you are not already a Chartered Quantity Surveyor you will be given the opportunity and support you need to become chartered. The team has a very successful APC and CPD training programme, with the support network of a number of chartered quantity surveyors, RICS APC assessors and colleagues studying to become MRICS and FRICS.
What could this role involve?
- Annual and final accounting.
- Estimating and forecasting.
- Supporting in procurement exercises.
- Overseeing the assessment of applications for payment and ensuring that they are made on time and in accordance with the contracts.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- Manage multiple Contracts and assist Contract Managers
- Ensuring appropriate processes are in place and monitored on your portfolio of contracts to demonstrate that contractual compliance is maintained and any non-performance is identified and corrective actions implemented as necessary.
- Assisting the Contract Managers with the implementation of robust commercial processes with their third party suppliers and providing them with commercial support as and when required.
- Working with our finance department to ensure all financial systems are updated to time, cost and quality; and help identify non-performance and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Supporting the management and optimisation of budgets and spend (in conjunction with finance) on their portfolio of contracts.
- Performing risk, value management and cost control;
- Resolving general disputes and claims as well as providing advice and support to the business.
- Assisting the Managing Quantity Surveyor with the management and strategic development of the wider Quantity Surveying Team.
- Plus loads of other activities
A degree in quantity surveying or equivalent with good relevant experience in a Quantity Surveying role is required for this role. Knowledge of the water industry and its regulatory frameworks is preferable.
Ideally the successful candidate will have procurement experience and will have a successful track record of assuring large actual cost Contracts and experience of resolving disputes. Dedication and a willingness to learn and develop others are vital to success within this role.
Location and package
This role is based at Reading, Berkshire offering a salary of up to £52,000, depending on skills and experience.
There is a competitive Salary package includes up to 28 days annual leave depending on length of service, generous Pension scheme whereby the company will match twice of what you contribute up to a 12% company contribution, life insurance of 8 x salary, annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service
A valid UK driving licence would be beneficial as there will be some travel required to other company sites.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Car/allowance, holiday, pension, bonus etc
Quantity Surveyor (Part Time)
£30000 - £35000 per annum
FREELANCE QUANTITY SURVEYOR
Assistant M&E Quantity Surveyor
£32000 - £35000 per annum
Project Quantity Surveyor
Up to £45,000 + package