Senior QA Engineer
- Job Reference: 00040107-1
- Date Posted: 23 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: London
- Salary: £50,000 to £80,000
- Sector: I.T. & Communications, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Senior Automation QA Engineer / SDET
Based in Bishopsgate, London (Initially remote due to COVID-19)
EG is a truly exciting business and a great company to work for; we use forward-thinking technology and nurture an innovation and collaboration lead culture to deliver game-changing software to the property industry. Our staff are genuinely talented with a passion for what they do. We are based in newly refurbished offices in Bishopsgate in the heart of the City of London, providing truly agile working conditions.
We have an opportunity available for a Senior QA Engineer with excellent problem solving and test automation skills – someone who is an excellent communicator and collaborator with experience of working in forward thinking agile teams. We are looking for someone with a real passion for technology, ideally with development as well as QA skills.
The successful candidate will not be a QA Engineer who only has experience with automating tests via application front ends, but will demonstrate the desire to collaborate with some of the best developers in their field with the aim of designing and developing quality, via automated tests, into products rather than inspecting for issues later in the release cycle.
What you will do:
* Work with developers to design and develop quality into our products.
* Plan testing for delivery of products and enhancements to assure products meet requirements and quality standards.
* Develop, write and execute manual tests, particularly, performing exploratory testing where/when required.
* Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices.
* Research available tools and participate in initiatives to identify and implement those that will cost-effectively enhance testing capabilities and product quality.
• Experience of test automation with APIs
• Integrating automated tests with continuous integration pipelines (e.g. using TeamCity / Jenkins)
• A proactive approach to problem solving and strong analytical skills (tools/root cause analysis).
• Commercial experience of testing solutions that use Event Driven Architecture.
• Experience of AWS technologies e.g. SQS and SNS.
• Knowledge of querying, updating and inserting records into Mongo or other NoSQL DBs.
• Experience of working in teams that place an importance on DevOps / infrastructure as code and release to production on a frequent basis.
• Proven experience in coaching and mentoring others.
We’re a superb company to work for, with great people, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects.
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of FTS 100, RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age