Senior Project ManagerLocation:
Rosyth, UK - Hybrid workingCompensation:
Competitive + benefitsRole Type:
Full time / PermanentRole ID:
SF 47360Build the future
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Project Manager at our Rosyth site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation, and flexibilityMarine Engineering & Systems - T31The Senior Project Manager role is based within our Marine Engineering & Systems - T31business area
Babcock is rapidly establishing itself as an international Naval ship designer and builder. We have built on the success of the UK MoD Type 31 Frigate and have secured contracts for frigate export variants (AH140) with overseas customers. As well as supporting exports of frigates the engineering team is actively working on other ship newbuild and life extension programs around the world, from small fast attack craft all the way up to aircraft carriers.The role
The difference our new Senior Project Manager will make
As a Senior Project Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be responsible for the management of the Ship 2 build project within the Type 31 Programme.
Day to day, you'll manage schedules, safety, finance risk, quality and resources and scope of requirements through the integration of the delivery teams, including Engineering, Supply Chain, Production and Quality to achieve the projects agreed objectives.
You'll also build integrated project delivery team that work together to define, plan, monitor and control the successful delivery of the project and lead the project to deliver world class performance by identifying and implementing the latest technology. Accountable for planning and monitoring the project; and submission of regular monthly performance reports; indicating any deviations, corrective action taken and escalation of issues. You'll form and manage effective relationships with stakeholders, customer interfaces including identification and monitoring of project risks, planning, and implementing responses whilst managing the resources, influencing, and supporting the development of individuals in their continued professional development.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides a hybrid working arrangement.Essential experience
What we offer
- Recent and relevant experience in a similar environment/industry and proven management projects of varying type and significant complexity.
- Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out and cross functional awareness of lifecycle requirements for supporting functions.
- Experienced in contracting methodologies (e.g., FIDIC/NEC/JCT).
- Bachelor's degree and/or postgraduate degree in a relevant field is desirable (engineering/project/construction management or a similar).
- APM Chartered Professional or APM qualifications are advantageous.
Generous benefits including:
Babcock International For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Armed Forces Covenant
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.#LI-POST#LI-HYBRIDJob Segment:
Project Manager, Manager, CSR, Engineer, Technology, Management, Engineering