|Salary||£60000 - £70000 per annum||Sector||IT & Telecoms, Miscellaneous|
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for shaping, defining, managing and delivering a coherent set of activities across a series of IT projects within the Thames Digital team. They will need to be able to help define project scope, outcomes and run the project/s to the usual standards of time, quality and budget whilst engaging and managing the project/s wider stakeholders.
We are looking for someone educated to degree level, ideally with a post-graduate business or project management qualification. With a track record of managing successful relevant activities, e.g. major technology led projects, you will be confident in demonstrating your capability with risk-based and analytical decision making.
Using your excellent verbal and written communication skills and having led large projects/similar relevant teams, you be able to display key leadership principles.
You will have broad knowledge and experience in making complex investment decisions, supported by Implementing and managing the required governance standards and boards to control the project and ensure effective delivery.
The expectation is that the Senior Project Manager can demonstrate the capabilities below:
- Ideally, we are looking for a senior person with a track record of being accountable for project delivery including leading, owning and being responsible for governance compliance and internal/external stakeholder engagement.
- You will demonstrate the ability to build a team that will own the project.
- This will be a challenging and exciting role, and we are looking for proactive and engaging individuals who can drive the project forward.
- You will have experience working closely and collaboratively with commercial teams.
- You will have excellent leadership across multi-disciplined teams and excellent communication and leadership skills.
- You will have track record in continuous improvement and ability to deliver against stretching targets.
- You will be self-starting, resilient and tenacious under pressure.
- You will be seen to lead and take full project accountability .
- You will be familiar with and can adopt various delivery methodologies appropriate to the needs of the projects.
- You will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Project.
- You will handle management of risk issues and change in a fully transparent manner through effective reporting and escalation.
- You will have broad industry and business knowledge, detailed knowledge and experience of delivering major complex projects with a significant technology delivery basis.
Data is key to Thames Water's digital transformation, and the Enterprise Data Architect will play a lead role in defining and driving the Enterprise Architecture strategy for Information & Data ensuring that it aligns with the wider Digital roadmap & business strategies.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Reading, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.