Senior Project Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Project Manager|
|Salary:||£55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||September 13, 2019 11:40|
Are you a Senior Project Manager with a proven track record in delivery of technology?
Our ever-expanding Digital Delivery team are looking to recruit Senior Project Managers to help drive our ambitious technology projects across the business.
You will be responsible for shaping, defining, managing and delivering a coherent set of activities across a series of IT projects within the Thames Digital team. You will need to be able to help define project scope, outcomes and run the project/s to the usual standards of time, quality and budget whilst engaging and managing the project/s wider stakeholders.
We are looking for someone educated to degree level, ideally with a post-graduate business or project management qualification. With a track record of managing successful relevant activities, e.g. major technology led projects, you will be confident in demonstrating your capability with risk-based and analytical decision making.
Using your excellent verbal and written communication skills and having led large projects/similar relevant teams, you be able to display key leadership principles.
You will have broad knowledge and experience in making complex investment decisions, supported by Implementing and managing the required governance standards and boards to control the project and ensure effective delivery.
The expectation is that as a Senior Project Manager you can demonstrate the capabilities below:
- You will be a Senior Project Manager with experience in Delivery of Technology.
- Ideally, we are looking for a senior person with a track record of being accountable for project delivery including leading, owning and being responsible for governance compliance and internal/external stakeholder engagement.
- You will demonstrate the ability to build a team that will own the project.
- This will be a challenging and exciting role, and we are looking for proactive and engaging individuals who can drive the project forward.
- You will have experience working closely and collaboratively with commercial teams.
- You will have excellent leadership across multi-disciplined teams and excellent communication and leadership skills.
- You will have track record in continuous improvement and ability to deliver against stretching targets.
- You will be self-starting, resilient and tenacious under pressure.
- You will be seen to lead and take full project accountability.
- You will be familiar with and can adopt various delivery methodologies appropriate to the needs of the projects.
- You will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Project.
- You will handle management of risk issues and change in a fully transparent manner through effective reporting and escalation.
- You will have broad industry and business knowledge, detailed knowledge and experience of delivering major complex projects with a significant technology delivery basis.
You will join the rapidly growing Digital Delivery team where you will hold an ultimate accountability for the successful delivery of key projects within the programme and realisation of the business outcomes.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service, 20% bonus, car allowance and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Reading, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Sourcing Manager
£45600 - £68400 per annum
£45000 per annum
£18000 - £20000 per annum
Senior Structural Engineer
£38000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: 7% pension, 27 days holiday + bank holidays, flexible working hours
Senior Commercial Analyst
£39000 - £45000 per annum