Senior Project Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Project Manager|
|Salary:||£48000 - £72000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Amrit Ubhi|
|Job Published:||October 01, 2019 13:50|
As a Senior Project Manager, you will lead and motivate multi-disciplinary teams across a single large or a portfolio of complex projects, through the entire project life cycle from initial study through to delivery and final account.
Within this role you will aim to achieve the most effective business solution for Thames Water, liaising with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Management of emerging risks and opportunities through the project life cycle.
- Drive continuous improvement in activities within the immediate team and wider team.
- Lead and develop a high performing team focussed on briefing and delivering specified outputs in an efficient, effective and commercially sound manner.
- Initiate and develop communication and strong working relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Progress reporting against, time, cost and quality.
- Commercial management and forecasting.
- Delivery of the project against time, quality and cost requirements.
- Act as the main and central point of contact managing contractors and suppliers to deliver best value solutions to agreed programmes.
- Extensive project management experience, within the water and waste utilities industry.
- Comfortable adapting your communication style to delivery teams as well as more corporate senior stakeholders
- A track record for project delivery, governance compliance as well as engaging with the teams to drive the projects forwards is crucial
- Experience working with external customers in a regulated environment on large infrastructure schemes, would be hugely advantageous
- Broad knowledge and experience in making complex investment decisions
- Be fully competent at using appropriate company IT systems and office software
- Previous experience of managing delivery partners across a large geographical region is also beneficial
- Be able to present on deliverables and progress to senior stakeholders in an articulate manner.
This role allows an experienced project manager to work as part of the Developer Services Major Projects Team, playing a pivotal role leading high profile projects.
You will be overseeing a technical and knowledgeable team, ensuring efficient delivery across a high-profile area of the business. You will play a lead role in the delivery of the programme and will maintain a culture of accountability, achievement and development amongst members of the team.
As a leader within Developer Services you will have the opportunity to work across teams to help mould and deliver a best in class service to customers as well as a great place to work for our people.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community offering all our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by suppling 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's