Senior Programme Manager (Business Operations)
|Job Title:||Senior Programme Manager (Business Operations)|
|Salary:||Excellent Bonus + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jan Hughes|
|Job Published:||January 21, 2019 12:10|
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the organisation for a Senior Programme Manager. This is a Business Operations role, where you will in effect offer a PMO service for the running and planning of a number of £multi-million manufacturing programmes. Reporting to the Programme Director, you will also liaise closely with Senior Management both in the UK and overseas.
The effective co-ordination of the organisation's projects and management of their inter-dependencies, including oversight of any risks and issues arising. In summary:
* Dealing with issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
* Implementation of strategic policies
* Expert knowledge of programme and project management methods including APM BoK, MSP and PRINCE2.
* You will be responsible for:
* Successful delivery and co-ordination of the programme's projects
* Delivering critical aspects of the contract
* Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
* Establishing short and long-term programme objectives and ensuring team members meet them
* Ensuring company governance arrangements and policies are adhered to
* Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme
* Managing the programme's budget on behalf of the Programme Director
* Ensuring the delivery of products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan, programme governance arrangements and contract
* Ensuring potential change is accurately reviewed to ensure minimal impact to the programme schedule
* Managing risks and developing opportunities to ensure the programme's successful outcome
* Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps
* Responsible for staffing, performance management and staff development
* Managing and supervision of a team
* Demonstrable leadership skills,with a hands on approach
* Proven and Demonstrable experience of managing and working within high intensity and significant design, development and delivery programmes within a manufacturing / engineering environment
* Demonstrable, strong financial and commercial acumen
* Good understanding of capability delivery, following models such as the UK MoD Defence Lines of Development (DLOD)
* Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
* Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
* Sufficient credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme
* The ability to operate in a fast paced environment
* The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
In order to meet the key criteria, you will possess a Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business or Engineering; have 10-15 years' experience in functional or program/project management; and have knowledge of business processes and financial metrics.
* South Wales based
* Extremely attractive salary and bonus scheme
* Excellent corporate benefits
* Generous Pension
* Exllent prospects for career progression
Apply now for immediate consideration.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Electrical Engineer
£55000 - £60000 per annum
£50000 - £60000 per annum
£24000 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: Free parking, 28 days holiday
£50000 - £60000 per annum