Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer
- Job Reference: 00039733-1
- Date Posted: 19 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Are you a Mechanical Engineer with experience in Defense, Energy and/or related sectors?
Do you have strong experience on a variety of major multi-discipline design projects?
Do you have strong ability to influence senior management and colleagues within the industry?
If you have answered yes to these questions, then please get in touch, as this role could be a great opportunity for you.
Remote Work / Plymouth / Bristol / Exeter
Immediate opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer on a Senior / Principal level to be a part of a major project team based on site. You will be involved in leading and managing one or more technical design packages; agreeing project related objectives, managing designer performance and making appropriate technical management responses.
Due to Covid-19 the opportunity will currently involve being based from home but after the restrictions the role will be fully site-based. After the restrictions, you will initially be based in Plymouth for the medium term (18-24 months). For non-local candidates, we can offer a Secondment Package that includes accommodation, out-of-pocket expenses and a working week that allows for 4 longer days on site and a shorter Friday working from home or office.
* Lead and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing designer performance and making appropriate technical management responses.
* Full technical responsibility and operational accountability for Building Services output on projects
* Responsibility for key client management for specific clients
* Manage the performance of others to ensure clients receive a great service
* Provides management, motivation, inspiration and leadership for other members of the Building Services team
* Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by project management and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
* Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project’s technical planning process.
* Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
* Appropriate qualification in Building Services, Mechanical Engineering and Chartered with a relevant institution.
* Ability to influence senior management and peers within the industry and positively challenge.
* Experience in either Energy, Defense or related sectors advantageous.
* Extensive project experience, involving high levels of technical competence.
* Experience working on a variety of major multi-discipline design projects.
* Demonstrable leadership and people management skills with the ability to run a team.
* Good commercial awareness, business management skills and results orientation.
* Confident ability with good communication skills and a professional approach to clients and other employees.
* Flexibility around work location – initial secondment and work to be in Plymouth with home office of Bristol or Exeter.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business