Senior Practitioner - Help & Protection
|Job Title:||Senior Practitioner - Help & Protection|
|Salary:||£41586 - £46159 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jordanne Hayward|
|Job Published:||April 30, 2019 16:33|
Bucks have developed an ambitious improvement programme, including and the development of their workforce, development, plan that sets out a clear vision for delivering their number one priority, to improve the quality of social work practice and achieve positive outcomes with our local children and young people who are 'in need' of support, protection and care to improve social work services for children and young people in need of support, protection and care.
The Safeguarding Service provides social work services for children and young people subject to Children in Need and Child Protection Plans, including intervention via the courts to determine safeguarding and long term permanence plans when required. The FAST and CATCH Teams work alongside the Help & Protection and Court Teams providing additional support, resources and expertise for children, young people and their families with the aim of keeping families together and avoiding children becoming looked after.
Working for Buckinghamshire Children's Social Care includes receiving a generous reward package including:
- Excellent salary of £41,586-£46,159 dependant on experience
- Golden Hello' lump sum payment of £2,125
- New lease car scheme
- Car allowance up to £600
- Annual leave of 25 days rising to 30 days after 5 years employment
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 12 - 15 days training, learning and development offer
- Children's Learning Academy with a Social Work Faculty that has close links with Buckinghamshire New University and a dynamic Masterclass programme led by academics, researchers and speakers
- New dedicated learning platform providing access to a wide range of training, learning and development opportunities, resources and tool
- Beyond Auditing' (Quality Assurance) Team works with the Principal Social Worker providing real time coaching and mentoring to evaluate and improve social work practice. This includes case consultations with allocated social workers and line managers, observation of practice and guided conversations with children, young people and their parents as well as other professional who know them.
- Reimbursement of full HCPC registration fee
- Free car parking
- Relocation package up to £8000
- Limited caseloads
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must hold a degree in Social Work, have a valid HCPC registration, have previous experience working within Children in Need/Child Protection Team, have court work experience, be able to work well under pressure, have excellent knowledge of relevant child legislation and have excellent communication skills.
No lengthy application forms required until after a job offer has been made, all we require initially is your CV to submit you to the position and help secure an interview for the right candidates.
DID YOU KNOW? Buckinghamshire is only 35 miles from London and 25 miles from Oxford? We are closer than you think!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£28 per hour
£28.5 per hour
Court of Protection Deputy
£20000 - £22000 per annum
Child Protection Social Worker
£29.93 per hour
Social Work Mental Health Practitioner - Advertised on behalf of Norfolk & Suffolk CRC
Band 4 starting salary £30,356 per annum