|Job Title:||Senior PA|
|Salary:||£15.12 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-04-11 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Anamaria Colceriu|
|Job Published:||April 11, 2019 15:23|
Contract ends: 4 weeks
Monday to Friday
Basic Disclosure Required
Main Duties of the Role:
- Responsible for the day to day supervision of support staff, under immediate line-management, including induction, recruitment and selection, performance and review (PRD) and formal grievance and disciplinary matters in accordance with HR policies and procedures.
- Plan and organise ongoing staff requirements to ensure adequate resource to support continuity of service to CMT.
- Develop professional PA standards of service to CMT
- As a member of the UBS Management Team, provide advice and support to the Team Manager and any other designated senior staff, in the operational planning and general development of the services available, in line with changing demands, targets and feedback, to ensure the delivery of an effective, efficient and high quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Liaise and manage stakeholder expectations in terms of service provision and standards and maintain good working relationships
- Develop the use of technologies and electronic systems in conjunction with process improvement
- Act as role model and champion in terms of promoting the core principles of the unified business support function
- Support a culture of continuous improvement using management information and customer feedback.
- Prepare and analyse management information and produce MI, documents, returns and reports using a variety of Microsoft Office packages relating to the performance of the team.
- Manage and prioritise training and development of business support staff. This will include developing recording systems to monitor progress.
- Assist in the management of procedures relating to the health and safety of staff
- Contribute to the overall team objectives by representing Unified Business Support at meetings, as necessary
- Support and assist in the development of traineeships, modern apprenticeships, school work experience, work placements and volunteering initiatives within the team.
- Promote the Council¡¦s vision and values and a corporate culture that is positive, customer focussed and supports employee engagement to the highest standards.
- Undertake such other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the grading of the post which may be assigned in the light of changing needs within the department / service.
Undertake PA/Service Administrator tasks supporting CMT members including:
- Scrutinise material (which can include project work) against given criteria or regulations, acting as decision-maker in straightforward circumstances. This may involve research or information-gathering from internal/external sources
- Assist with the preparation and provision of management statistics to meet described objectives and prepare and present data in text, statistical and graphical format
- Help with the administration of the Council¡¦s complaints handling procedure at the final stage, liaising with the Customer Feedback Team to make sure Stage 2 complaints are recorded, acknowledged and responded to within set timeframes.
- Organise meetings and events
- Organise mail shots and production of promotional materials
- Order/requisition goods as required, including using the PECOS system, and maintain adequate stock levels
- Process financial documents or transactions, including invoices, timesheets, payroll information, etc., and to record and lodge all monies received and undertake
- banking arrangements.
- Review, manage and maintain filing systems, IT systems and databases to ensure current data is available for professional use
- Provide secretarial and advanced administrative support to one or more Chief Officers. This can include: text processing; development of databases/spreadsheets; preparing PowerPoint presentations; use of Outlook, including electronic diary keeping/appointments; use of specialist software packages where appropriate; document handling and arranging; and minuting of both formal and informal meetings
- Recommend changes to improve the quality and efficiency of the service providedParticipate in the development of service and business continuity plans, and the Council¡¦s self-evaluation process, HGIOC
- Undertake any other appropriate duties, as requested by Management, commensurate with the grade for the post.
Essential Skills Required:
- Educated to HNC or SVQ Level 3 in a relevant subject and/or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and competencies gained through relevant experience.
- Evidence of a commitment to continual professional development
- Extensive experience of administration processes including clerking formal meetings/minutes
- Experience of engaging stakeholders and managing expectations
- Experience of streamlining processes and implementing/managing change.
- Experience of managing conflicting priorities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- A skilled user of Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to motivate others.
- Ability to prioritise a varied and complex workload.
- Ability to work under pressure meeting individual and team deadlines
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Focus on customer service.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to investigate and resolve problems.
- Ability to deal sensitively and diplomatically with individual stakeholders, including the need to exercise confidentiality
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy, paying close attention to detail.
- Ability to work with and explain legislative information.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present data including stats
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's