- Job Reference: 00087176-1
- Date Posted: 25 September 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £20.50 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £20.50 per hour (Up to £44,772 per annum pro-rata, plus bonus below)
Hours: 12 hour shifts, full time or part time– Days only
Imagine actually having the time to deliver a high standard of nursing care to your patients. Here at Oakham Grange you will have this, alongside job security and great benefits. Our nurses are supernumerary, days only and on a salary equivalent to NHS band 7.
It’s hard to recruit good nurses! And we will only recruit the best. So this is what we offer you:
* a generous £1000 welcome bonus if you are offered a job by end of October, payable in your second pay packet, plus an additional £1000 when you pass your probation period. (N/A to agency introductions, payable pro-rata)
* enhanced maternity pay
* NMC membership fee paid for
* double pay on bank holidays
* contributory pension scheme
* free meal on shift
* fixed rotas
* 33 days leave per year – increases to 35 with length of service
* free parking
* opportunities to mentor students and junior staff, share your experience, and build their knowledge and confidence
* time provided for CPD
* extensive training opportunities, including a thorough and robust induction
* quality line management and supervision
* staff forums to have your say
* shopping and retail discounts
* free employee counselling scheme
You will be part of a small, friendly and competent clinical team, and will work with plenty of autonomy but in a supportive environment with a qualified nurse management team.
Ideally you will already have clinical skills such as venepuncture, wound care, nursing assessments, male and female catheterisation and administering medication such as insulin, IM injections and intravenous medication when required, however training is available. You will be able to provide excellent end of life care, whilst assessing residents changing needs daily and updating care plans as required.
With strong communication skills you will be expected to demonstrate our core values of Competence, Choice and Compassion at all times, and ensure that our residents are at the centre of everything you do. You will be the point of contact for the wider MDT such as specialist nurses, therapist and GPs, and we utilise RESTORE 2 amongst other clinical tools.
Oakham Grange is a nursing centre set in the heart of the community in Barleythorpe, Oakham. Our CQC rating is GOOD for all categories. We bring a fresh, highly regarded approach to residential nursing and support, in a beautiful new, luxury, high spec environment in which you will be proud to work.
If this sounds like the job for you, or would like more information please click APPLY below
Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity
We don’t just accept difference, we welcome it. No matter what your sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, gender identity, religion or any other characteristic, we welcome your application. As a team we actively celebrate, support and thrive on diversity for the benefit of our residents and staff, and we believe this creates an environment of empowerment and mutual respect and therefore excellence in care.
It is no longer a legal requirement for care home employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. However, we strongly advise all staff to meet their professional responsibilities and would prefer you to have received a full course of COVID vaccinations