|Salary||£35000 - £45000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
One of the UK’s top Engineering Consultancies are looking to add a Senior Mechanical Engineer to their Bournemouth office.
This is a new position due to the continued growth of the company.
You will take ownership of project tasks requiring delivery within tight timescales and manage the internal delivery team.
You will represent the company externally ensuring a comprehensive approach to the delivery of building designs in a technically competent manor. You will work in a coordinated way with other professionals, developing effective relationships to stimulate future business growth.
Responsibilities of a Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Takes and develops briefs and delivers on projects from inception to completion
- Takes ownership and delivers a small project or a discipline on a significant or complex scheme
- Works within existing rules and frameworks and is not closely supervised but has considerable autonomy
- Work to relevant and applicable regulations, design guides etc
- Develop and produce project related calculations, designs, and documentation
- Manage a small project or a discipline on a significant or complex scheme
- Communicate design information in a clear and concise manor to the appropriate audience
- Effectively delegate, manage and check work undertaken by others
- Take responsibility for design coordination with other disciplines and professionals
- Reviewing and commenting on project related information from other professionals
- Reviewing and commenting on technical information provided by contactors/sub-contractors
- Reviewing and checking of the site installation against the design intent
- Reporting at design team meetings, client meetings, and project meetings
- Deliver the required output to meet project requirements within cost constraints
- Take an active role in the professional development of others
- Qualified and recognized in industry, preferably degree qualified
- Working towards Incorporated or Chartered Engineer status
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience in primary discipline
- Established technical knowledge in primary discipline
- Good understanding of complementary disciplines
- Commitment to effectively deliver to demanding timescales
- Articulate and able to provide clear and concise explanation of ideas and procedures
- IT literate with a technical understanding of IT packages relevant to the discipline
- Work under own initiative as lead discipline engineer on a significant or complex project
- Work under own initiative as lead engineer on small to medium sized projects
- Work as part of an integrated project design team with other construction professionals
- Proactively supports, supervises and motivates junior team members
Benefits for a Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Competitive salary of £33,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Benefits
- Private Healthcare
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, they provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.