Cleanwater Hydraulic Modeller
|Job Title:||Cleanwater Hydraulic Modeller|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||October 10, 2019 16:56|
As the Cleanwater Hydraulic Modeller, you will be responsible for the building, utilisation and maintenance of our water network models for use in network planning and in projects to both optimise the use of existing network assets and to design and commission new capital schemes.
Within this role you will be utilising your network experience and technical skills to develop robust, auditable models for the business. For the right person this is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career, test your skills, support colleagues, and apply your knowledge of modelling to solve practical problems. Your skills will be critical to help to drive improvements across the business and inform business decisions.
You will also be expected to use modelling techniques to develop solutions/strategies that are innovative and efficient in delivering objectives but maintain flexibility for meeting future needs/requirements.
Occasional travel between Reading and Hampton will be required to attend meetings.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Working with large data sets - collection and analysis of network and operational data.
- Build and assemble network models.
- Management of flow and pressure surveys.
- Interrogation, calibration and verification of models.
- Become a key point of contact, collaborating with colleagues, and engaging with stakeholders to further our objectives.
- You will influence and inform colleagues and senior leadership on operational decisions.
- Delivering excellent customer service and continuous improvement.
- Graduate or equivalent in an engineering or environmental based subject.
- Experience in the use of water network models, preferably with previous experience of Hydraulic principles and use of network modelling software.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office and GIS is essential.
- Previous knowledge of Infowater is desirable.
- Previous experience in supervising consultants and coaching team members.
- Due to the nature of this role you will be required to have a valid full driving licence.
In this role you will be working alongside a team of modellers and reporting directly into the Senior Modeller, you will be part of a very busy team of modellers delivering clean water network modelling projects and studies. This will involve undertaking detailed hydraulic modelling studies using Info water or other industry standard software.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, a minimum of 24 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 30 days depending on grade and length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's