Senior Materials Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Materials Engineer|
|Location:||Wolverhampton, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||Toby Patterson|
|Job Published:||July 26, 2019 17:19|
Heat Treatment and Specials Processing
Our client, an industry leading manufacturer, are currently recruiting for a Senior Materials Engineer to join their state of the art facility in the Wolverhampton area. The successful Senior Materials Engineer will be tasked with providing heat treatment, special processing and NDT leadership.
In this role, you will provide Heat treatment and special processing technical support to the Wolverhampton business. Processing components to the technical requirements of NADCAP and AMS2750.
You will also act as a consultant on questions relating to mechanical and physical properties of materials and processes, particularly metal alloys. When required, you will review and approve materials and process specifications on engineering drawings and you will create and help to develop and maintain engineering documentation
Along with your technical competence relating to the equipment and procedures used in the heat treatment and processing area you will lead NADCAP and other 3rd party audit preparations, you will also work across the wider Aircraft Group organisation to help standardise our approach to processing.
- Technical specialist and experience in a heat treatment and special processing environment
- Experience of chemical and metallurgy within Aerospace or similar environment
- Proactive approach including a willingness to seek out information
- Understanding of the importance of meeting production demands
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams and customers (internal / external)
- Heat treatment operational experience is essential, also MAG particle and Dye penetrant processes, Chemical processing experience in Copper, Bronze, Phosphate, Nital Etch and various other chemical processes.
- Experience of NADCAP procedures is critical to the position
- Key knowledge of AMS2750 Rev 'E'
- Key knowledge of Boeing 'BAC' and all other customer specification requirements
- IT skills in Excel advantageous for data analysis
- Degree level or equivalent would be advantageous
The successful Senior Materials Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package.
For more information apply today or contact Tobias @ omega on 01453 852 552.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Quality Engineer
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Option to work from home, 25 Days holiday, Flexi benefits
Senior Civil Engineer
£40000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday, competitive salary, pension
Senior Structural Engineer
£38000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: 7% pension, 27 days holiday + bank holidays, flexible working hours