Job Title: Senior Marine Systems Engineer
Location: Bristol, UK - Hybrid - working from home options available
Compensation: Competitive salary + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF49390Make your skills count
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Marine Systems Engineer at our Ashton house and Babcock Technology Centre sites.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.Mission Systems
The Marine Systems Engineer role is based within our Mission Systems business area
Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers' needs.The role
The difference our new Senior Marine Systems Engineer will make
As a Senior Marine Systems Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will deliver advice, solve problems and maintain safety for Royal Naval Marine Engineers deployed around the globe.
Day-to-day, you will deliver technical advice and support to the Royal Navy, specifically the Type 45 destroyer and the Queen Elizabeth Class (QEC) aircraft carrier. You will carry out complicated technical investigations and analyses, including evaluation and selection of technical options, preparing reports with recommended courses of action as required by the MSSP Chief Engineers.
You will evaluate complex engineering technical issues and, through the application of systems engineering principles, make technical recommendations to the MSSP Chief Engineers through the provision of authoritative evidence that demonstrates that the system design intent has been achieved.
You will conduct advanced level impact assessments of proposed changes to maintenance, technical documentation and broader Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) functions of in-scope Marine Systems In addition, you will support design and safety reviews in order to identify technical and safety risks through the application of appropriate design and safety analysis.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements with visits to the office/site as and when required.Essential experience
What we offer
- A minimum of an HND in an engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer or working towards that status. Support will be available to assist achieving the requirements for Chartership
- An understanding of design intent and engineering governance and their application to the requirements of a project
- A systems approach to problem solving with the ability to deploy best practice methods and tools when addressing any given problem
- The ability to generate requirements, develop and analyse solutions and provide technically sound proposals cognisant of the constraints on any solution from physical, legal, financial political and emotional factors
- Knowledge of safety and environmental engineering, both legislative and safety and engineering management processes
- You must be able to attain and retain Security Clearance
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Our Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
- Employee Share Plan
- Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
- STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Systems Engineer, Engineer, Environmental Engineering, CSR, Engineering, Management