|Salary||Up to £45,000 depending on skills and experience||Sector||Professional & Admin|
This role is part of a small team that cover all accounting group service functions, (IT, Finance, HR, Audit) Also includes Asset Management, Corporate Affairs, Sustainability the team has been restructured to help them to proactively work within the various group services departments to align accounting functions across all areas to enable the team to reach business demands, governance and targets
In this role you will have the opportunity to make continuous improvements through the proactive work you will be doing across the business to enable you and the team to deliver
Responsibilities and include:
- Financial business partner for Finance and Commercial (F&C) and Support Functions
- Provide accounting support and guidance to F&C and Support Functions
- Produce insightful management information on financial performance for review with the F&C and Support Function lead teams.
- Providing financial expertise to support decision making.
- Production of quarterly forecast and annual budget.
- Income statement.
- Statement of Financial Position.
- Capital Expenditure.
- Support Finance manager on wider Group services performance reporting.
- Production of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and journal postings.
- Supporting continuous systems and process improvements:
- Improve finance controls,
- Increase efficiency,
- Provide robust & accurate data for insight,
- Reduce transactional processing.
- Lead on the standardisation process improvements of the deliverables.
- Support production of Regulatory and Statutory Reporting relating to F&C.
- Support ad hoc projects.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A few years previous experience as a qualified management accountant
- Strong IT skills – SAP & HFM (preferred), Excel, Word and Power Point Can we also add in here Power BI experience
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Aspiration to develop and progress
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Confidence to challenge the status quo
- Mindset of continuous improvement and process excellence
- An understanding of management, statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
There will be opportunities for you to be promoted within the business after 2 years into a more senior role due to the size and demands of the company
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year and a wider benefits scheme.
This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Reading, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change.
On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times. We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this.
To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.