Senior Management Accountant
|Job Title:||Senior Management Accountant|
|Salary:||£38250 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2019 16:16|
This is a challenging finance business partner role within the Water Networks Finance Team. Reporting to the Regional Finance Manager, this business facing role will provide a critical service to a regional Repair & Maintenance team within Water Networks. Key is helping this area of the business drive optimal performance whilst delivering best value for money. A good understanding of the relationship between operational, financial and commercial activities is essential.
Working within a dynamic team environment and supporting key operational managers within the Thames Valley region, this position will involve managing and presenting financial performance and ensuring that Operations have the forward-looking insight to make informed decisions. In addition to covering a particular region, this role may also cover one or more cross-regional operational areas.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
This person is likely to be a qualified accountant with strong business partnering and management accounting experience; not afraid to challenge and influence key decision making. They should have strong analytical, presentation and IS skills, including SAP, Excel and Power BI.
The role requires a highly motivated individual who can develop an enhanced service, focussed on providing proactive, engaging financial insight and analysis, challenging all aspects of performance, efficiency and control.
Day to day duties and responsibilities may include;
- Building/maintaining strong partnerships with their Water Networks Operational teams.
- Providing insightful analysis that links business performance with financial results and which ensures effective operational decisions are made.
- Leading and assisting the Finance Manager/Operations Lead in setting a business plan that achieves all operational and financial objectives.
- Preparing budgets and forecasts for operational expenditure, measuring and understanding performance against these metrics.
- Agreeing, tracking and driving business improvement initiatives, including local efficiency targets.
- Participate in operational performance meetings and leading finance-related discussions, ensuring timely financial results are clearly communicated and understood whilst maintaining a forward-looking focus.
- Managing relevant balance sheet accounts, ensuring good practice when reconciling on a monthly basis.
- Working with the wider business (e.g. commercial) to understand current/future impacts to the business.
- Work with other finance business partners and external parties to identify and share good practice.
- Input as necessary to all regulatory returns.
- Travel within the Thames Valley region will be required as this is a business facing role.
This is a business facing role covering a range of stakeholders in Operations, Finance and external partner organisations to own the finance agenda for this division in the Thames Valley region. The role plays to a wider skillset beyond just management accounting to deliver an effective business partnering service. There will be potential for you to develop into a Deputy Finance Manager or Finance Manager role within Water Networks or other divisions.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Reading, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Assistant Management Accountant
£28000 - £32000 per annum
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Assistant Management Accountant
£25000 - £35000 per annum
£45000 per annum
£30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days hols, pension, profit share