|Salary||Competitive||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
A leading public sector legal practice providing legal services to a number of Local Authorities, schools and other public bodies is recruiting for an experienced Senior Lawyer (Children's Social Care) to join their team based in North West London.
This is a full-time role, salary is competitive, this will be disclosed at short list stage.
36 hours per week
Key duties of the Senior Lawyer (Children's Social Care):
- To support the development of the practice with the Team Leaders and Service Managers
- To advise and have conduct of legal files on behalf of all the clients, including local authorities, housing associations and schools and to provide advice, representation and undertake research as requested in relation to children's social care, including public law care proceedings, child protection, adoption and fostering and public law duties in relation to children in need and looked after children. In addition, lawyers are required to assist with education matters
- To attend at meetings and court which may take place outside of normal office hours
- and off site as required
- To advise officers and members, including in public forums, in a proactive and politically sensitive manner
- To give guidance, mentor and give training to less experienced team members
- To deputise for senior lawyers as and when required
- NQ lawyer or Children's social care Lawyer
- Proven experince within public and private sector
- Experience providing advice, attend meetings, and represent our children's social care clients in Court proceedings in all matters relating to children's social care functions, including public law care proceedings, adoption, child protection and fostering
- A team player who takes pride in delivering a high quality service and is able to work under pressure