- Job Reference: 00064550-1
- Date Posted: 7 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
- Salary: £61,834
- Sector: HR / Recruitment
- Job Type: Temporary
A busy Laboratory based in Leamington Spa is seeking a Senior HRBP The Laboratory is part of the NHS Test and Trace Lighthouse Laboratory network and is at the heart of the UK Health Security Agency’s plans for managing coronavirus (COVID-19).
When scaled up to full capacity, the laboratory will be able to process hundreds of thousands of tests a day, adding to what is already the largest network of diagnostic testing facilities in British history. It will play an important role in stopping the transmission of COVID-19, as well as ensuring the nation can respond quickly and at greater scale to deal with pandemics and other future threats.
The site has considerable benefits to the local area in terms of job creation and putting Royal Leamington Spa on the international scientific map with world-leading technology.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
To be part of the Human Resources team that is a business critical, improvement function for the Lab. You will be leading, driving and implementing a workforce strategy which identifies, attracts and develops talent, embraces and embeds effective and sustainable change, encourages innovation, drives performance and delivers continuous improvement. The HR function operates as a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-business capacity.
This an exciting. We are moving into the next stage of growth as we move from start-up mode into business transition and ultimately our final operating model. For the lab to achieve its mission and vision it requires an HR function which is purposeful, business focussed and solutions driven. Our aim is for this site to be an employer and provider of choice and internally & externally accredited as a ‘great place to work’. The challenges are great, but the opportunities are greater!
* Work with closely the HR Director, and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to co-create and drive an LSL People Strategy
* Build trusted relationships with line managers and the lab senior leadership team
* Attend lab ops and relevant management meetings to support and drive forward people solutions to operational lab issues
* Challenge managers' thinking, influencing decisions that support the achievement of corporate objectives in a values-compliant manner
* Identify areas for improvement and make appropriate changes to reach professional excellence
* Use data and intelligence to inform decisions applying the workforce lens to find solutions
* Keep abreast of any Employment Law changes that could affect the Laboratory’s policies and brief colleagues/line managers as appropriate
* Deliver strategic, performance driven, innovative leadership across the business
* Help build leadership and management capability to deliver a great experience that engages employees
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills & experience:
* Experience of managing and influencing senior stakeholders on HR/people matters
* Skills in at least two areas of HR specialism (e.g. organisational change, TUPE, workforce planning, employee engagement, equality/inclusion)
* Experienced in-project managing, designing, and developing a range of HR programmes to time and budget
* Solid communication skills and the ability to create positive change
* Previous experience of working as a senior HR level is essential
* Ambiguity, flexibility and the ability to pivot when needed
Education: Degree or CIPD qualification is desired but not essential
In return we offer you: You will receive a minimum 18-month contract and competitive rate of pay £61,834 and a 10% retention payment (paid at 9 and 18 months). Additional benefits include Company Sick Pay, Covid Sick Pay and Overtime Pay.
Working hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm – however, the lab operates 24/365 and there may be a need to attend out of hours or at weekends.
If you would like to request any reasonable adjustments around start times, working additional hours, learning about different shifts or future opportunities around securing a permanent position, please speak to the team to learn more about how we can accommodate you.
Pre-Employment Checks: Please be aware that we operate pre-employment checks to the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) including a media check. This is the required level of screening for all staff working at the RFL.
Post-Employment Checks: All staff are required to be SC Cleared.
Diversity: You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team that reflects the communities we serve. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and empowering them to contribute fully at work