Senior Fundraising Manager
- Job Reference: 00039980-1
- Date Posted: 20 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Salary: £29,330 to £31,286
- Sector: Community & Sport, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Senior Fundraising Manager
required for the
Winter Night Shelter Milton Keynes
* Part time, 3–4 days a week (22.5–30 hours)
* F/T equivalent £29,330 to £31,286 per annum (based on 37.5hr working week)
* Working from home or based on site in Milton Keynes
* Fixed term 18-month contract, 1 March 2021-31 Aug 2022, with possibility of longer-term employment
Listing revised 02.02.21
These are exciting times to join the Winter Night Shelter Milton Keynes, a well-respected and forward-thinking charity growing into its next phase to address increasing need. This is a unique opportunity to join our collaborative management team as we move from having a sole fundraiser to developing a strategic and well-managed fundraising team, with flexibility to balance the roles and capacity of the team around the strengths and capacity of the successful candidate for this senior role.
We have been operating to support homeless people in crisis for the last 10 years and were established as a charity in 2012. We currently have 12 members of staff, 10 of whom are part-time.
We provide overnight accommodation and meals to homeless and vulnerable people who would otherwise be rough sleeping in Milton Keynes during the coldest months of the year, working with churches and community centres across the city and a body of around 800 volunteers. We also provide year-round welfare support from our centre, Unity Park Station, enabling our guests to access drug and alcohol support services, to obtain housing advice, move on to longer-term accommodation and to ﬁnd work. This winter, due to Covid-19, we are unable to operate overnight accommodation in the usual way but are supporting the government’s ‘Everyone In’ policy and focusing on the provision of welfare support and food.
Our Trustees recognise a growing need for support for people who are newly or vulnerably housed, with a current lack of support meaning many people can struggle to maintain personal stability and tenancies in the longer term. To this end we are in the early stages of a capital fundraising campaign to establish a new Community Support Centre, to provide a hub of welfare support, practical provision, mental health services and life skills training for people who are newly housed or on a potential pathway to homelessness.
We have already secured one third of the project funds, which is sufficient for our intended building purchase and we are working towards raising additional £1m to refurbish and fit out the centre, which we intend to do at the pace at which we can fundraise for it.
We have widespread support across Milton Keynes, have experienced year-on-year growth in recent years and know that there is enormous potential to grow and diversify our fundraising income and tap into unexplored potential, with the right leadership. We are currently supported by external capital fundraising consultants in the development of our capital fundraising campaign strategy and expect the successful candidate will review existing arrangements and make any adjustments they feel are necessary.
We are looking for a motivated individual to lead the fundraising team to:
1. Deliver the charity’s required operational income through the activities of the team (c.£300k pa).
2. Develop and lead our capital fundraising campaign to establish a new Community Support Centre for people who are vulnerably housed into its next phase, with external and internal support. (See ‘How to apply’ for more information about this).
This will involve:
* line managing a Fundraising Manager who will in turn have line management responsibility for a Fundraising Assistant (both part-time);
* developing the fundraising strategy, targets and plans;
* nurturing, growing and expanding our donor base;
* maximising potential in our current income streams and pursuing new funding opportunities;
* contracting external services where required to supplement the skills or capacity of the team.
This role brings with it the opportunity to have a lasting impact on the long-term landscape of provision for the homeless and vulnerable in Milton Keynes.
* have leadership qualities, with the ability to delegate and motivate others;
* have good initiative and an eye for new opportunities;
* have an aptitude for organisation, strategic planning and managing budgets;
* be passionate about building strategic partnerships and supporter relationships;
* be a confident communicator, confident in interactions with all people;
* have experience of raising 6-figure sums from a range of income streams; and
* preferably have a track record of successful bid-writing to grant-making bodies.
* Fully flexible working to support work–life balance.
* Openness to discussions regarding the number of contracted hours based on the successful candidate’s preference, and adjusting team balance accordingly.
* 5.6 weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays.
* A contributory pension scheme.
* A supportive and committed team.
How to apply
Note: Further information on our capital fundraising project can be obtained on request to our Communications Assistant (details on the Job Vacancies page of our website).
To apply to become a valued member of our team please click the apply button and send a CV with a covering letter outlining why you feel you have the necessary skills for this role.
The deadline for applications is 10 am on Monday 15th Feb.
Please be prepared to provide at least two appropriate references if asked to do so.
Shortlisted candidates will need to be available for online interviews on Tuesday 23rd February or the afternoon of Thursday 25th February (first stage) and Friday 26th February (second stage).
The WNSMK is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all people from any background.
(Registered Charity (phone number removed))
Vacancy: Senior Fundraising Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: F/T equivalent £29,330 to £31,286 per annum (based on 37.5hr working week)
Contract Type: FTC 18 months
Hours: Part time, 3–4 days a week (22.5–30 hours)
JPIMedia / The SmartList are advertising on behalf of The Winter Night Shelter Milton Keynes