Senior Financial Accountant
|Job Title:||Senior Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-09-02 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Peter Bull|
|Job Published:||July 16, 2019 11:12|
As Senior Financial Accountant, you will be a senior member of the Central Finance team of an international services Group. Reporting to the Manager of reporting and financial control, this role specifically includes ensuring that appropriate finance functions and reporting procedures and processes are established in response to International and new business developments.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Production of annual reports and interim financial statements
• Preparation of notes and disclosures for annual reports including obtaining data and information from across the business and particularly from senior management
• Liaising directly with the external auditors to provide information for the annual audit responding to their requests for supporting evidence for the accounts and notes
• Ensure compliance with local filing requirements and provide advice and guidance where necessary
• Ensure that overseas entities report in accordance with group accounting policies and ensure the correct accounting structure and systems are in place to consolidate into monthly and Statutory reports
• Manage the maintenance of the asset registers for each company and the group
• Responsible for ensuring that additions, disposals and depreciation charges are recorded correctly and that the register is accurate and complete by coordinating work streams with Asset management and Project finance teams
• Responsible for managing and preparing the annual depreciation forecast for input into business planning and management reporting, providing commentary and analysis
• Providing monthly variance analysis of actual depreciation to budget and forecast for input into the Finance directors report to the Board
• Provide commercial and financial input, and decision making in support of CPR's, developing a high level view of the strategic direction of the project under review to provide a comprehensive review to senior management highlighting risks to financial
• Responsible for managing and supporting specific month end processes (e.g. fixed assets) where appropriate for input into the report to the Board
• Provide guidance to the business and finance community on technical and accounting standards, consulting with Group Financial Controller as appropriate
We are looking for a qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) with extensive post qualification experience in a role producing Annual Report and Accounts under IFRS. To be successful at this role, you will have effective report writing skills at Board/Exec, senior management and a local management team level.
Your qualities will also include:
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Strong skills to plan and control a project involving and directing other team members as required
• Ability to contribute to commercial discussions confidently
• A proven track record to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and demands, in order to deliver accurate information to strict deadlines and timescales
This opportunity comes with an excellent benefits package which includes a pension scheme, on site restaurant and café, 26 days holiday and outstanding career progression opportunities.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Finance Business Partner
£60000 per annum
Senior Logistics Engineer/ILS Engineer
Senior HR Business Partner - Crawley
£55000 - £60000 per annum
£23000 - £25000 per annum
Material & Production Planning Manager
£40000 - £45000 per annum