Tate are working with a leading public service organisation to recruit a Senior Finance Analyst to their team in a newly created role.
This role will be supporting the Finance Systems Manager through a new project within the company for the next 12-18 months.
The overall responsibility in this role is to administer, manage and support the organisations finance systems at both the technical level and front end user interface, to support the business activities of the Finance Department and greater business. You will provide expert advice and guidance on systems utilisation to the Finance department, along with designing, developing and implementing improvements to the finance systems and processes used to meet strategic aims.
- Responsible for day-to day management and support of the finance systems and their data.
- Ensures maximum uptime and high level functionality of the finance systems and associated interfaces; manage and coordinate planned downtime.
Manages and maintains an effective incident/fault management system, to include:
- Logging of incidents/faults;
- Incident/fault resolution; and
- Provides regular reports to management on faults, resolutions and trends.
- To provide cover for system updates / maintenance tasks outside of office hours such as the loading of the opening balances process are completed to enable the Finance department to complete the month end process within the annual timetable.
- Ensures data accuracy, investigate data quality incident and take appropriate action to resolve and to avoid recurrence.
- Works with system stakeholders and IM&T to develop and maintain business continuity plans and procedures and disaster recovery plans for finance systems; ensure these are communicated and that staff are competent and practiced in procedures.
- The post holder will act as a first point of contact for all technical issues relating to the finance systems contracts.
- To monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of services provided through the contracts, liaise with suppliers where appropriate, provide feedback and recommend corrective action as necessary, reporting as required to management.
- Provide cover for colleagues in the Finance Systems Team in agreed areas of work and deputise for the Finance Systems Manager as directed.
- The post requires skills in collation, analysis and reporting of complex, detailed, and extensive technical data.
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum of two years' experience employed within a fast paced analytical role
- ACCA / ACA / CIMA / Qualified by Experience (QBE) / AAT qualified/Part qualified or relevant degree
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent Analytical skills and the ability to manipulate data
- High attention to detail and deadline management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Prince 2 qualification is desirable
- Experience of Unit4 Business World, Advanced Business Systems EROS, Civica SLAM, Civica CostMaster, Civica ProAuto, CORVID Paygate would be advantageous.
For more information please call Charlotte @ Tate on 01392 432 861
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.