|Salary||£72000 - £80000 per annum||Sector||Executive and Management|
You will manage the delivery of all financial support and governance for Customer Experience (CX) sales, billing, cash, debt and bad debt, in particular:
- You will work with the CELT (Customer Experience Leadership Team) to formulate and deliver short terms plans for all aspects of financial performance.
- Improve reporting between CX finance and Strategy & Regulation during the setting of tariffs.
- You will ensure financial statements and reports produced by the Finance function supports business performance in CX, including performance in the Spring programme.
- You will own and manage the relationship with CX to support the achievement of business objectives and ensure the adherence to agreed process and procedures.
- Promote communication and efficient work practices across all areas of the finance function.
- You will contribute to Finance functional initiatives and ensure Finance can report from the new Spring programme system.
- You will have the option to work out of Swindon or Reading as you will be spending time in both offices.
- You will be reviewing and presenting all financial plans, budgets and forecasts, in accordance with corporate requirements.
- Manage and develop the finance team developing the team to best practice and standard.
- Developing business partnering capability to help and enable the business to achieve its targets.
- You will run processes for management of financial risks and opportunities and review and present the financials including any identified risks and opportunities.
- You will be delivering all financial processes for CX to agreed standards and making sure regulatory reporting requirements are met.
- You will present all actual financial results, including comparisons of monthly performance with Budgets, forecasts, and prior year performance.
- Other responsibilities include you are ensuring expenditure controls are properly applied and transactions are properly reflected in the books of the company in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
- You will help improve the understanding of sales & billing variances and link to Strategy & Regulation Tariff setting process.
- You will manage effective tracking of initiatives, providing visibility of progress towards targets including bad debt.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations and journals signed off on time in accordance with the documented the standard for the Monthly Reporting Cycle.
- You will collate feedback on finance function performance from the business.
- You will continuously seek to improve relationship between business and finance function and ensure business requirements are understood by finance function and that constraints are communicated back to business unit.
- You are known as someone with good influencing skills with line managers who can build relationships quickly and are able to present clearly to a variety of stakeholders.
- You may have previous experience of accounting in a CX/customer environment with an in depth understanding of cash and credit control accounting.
- You will have 2 direct reports and will be working in the customer service function which has a revenue budget of c£1.8bn.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.