|Salary||£60000 per annum||Sector||Driving & Logistics|
Your responsibilities will include:
• Working with the Business Development Managers, responsible for ensuring the financial and commercial aspects of tender responses are robust and consistent with group policy
• Taking a proactive involvement with senior operational and financial managers in the business sectors to ensure critical financial review of all new business projects. This will cover costing, commercial risk, investment appraisal, pricing and commercials
• Responsible for the internal financial briefing and approval process, ensuring full compliance with the company's Finance Manual
• Occasional customer interaction to support the business development teams as required, requiring effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills
• Support the implementation and start-up of new business activities as required by the commercial and financial needs of each project
• We are seeking a qualified accountant who is comfortable working in a fast-paced bidding environment to support the company's growth aspirations.
You will also have:
• Previous experience of working in a commercial environment
• You must have excellent numerical reasoning and analytical capability plus a strong understanding of accounting concepts (including investment appraisal)
• You will have an ability to clearly articulate key messages to senior and non-finance managers, providing the necessary insight to enable senior stakeholders to ‘sign-off' new business bids
• Ability to convey complex financial information to a diverse audience, including non-financial managers
• Be able to demonstrate a strong understanding and aptitude in how to use IT / technology to drive performance
Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.