Senior Finance Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior Finance Analyst|
|Start Date:||2019-05-24 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Cally Overton|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2019 16:29|
As a Senior Finance Analyst, you’ll provide financial insight to drive the business forward during a period of positive change contributing to our ambitious growth plan. As a proactive SFA you will regularly review and report on the metrics for your business areas in a clear and appropriate manner, being able to articulate effectively with both finance and non-finance colleagues. Naturally curious and analytical you’ll make recommendations around sales pipelines and channel markets.
This is an exciting role as it provides the opportunity to work closely with senior stakeholders across the business acting as a trusted business partner. You’ll bring fresh ideas to the department and be comfortable influencing and at times challenging stakeholders. You’ll ‘hot-desk’ and work alongside and with your aligned business area(s) to gain a greater overall understanding, build key relationships and become a vital extension of their function.
A great opportunity to showcase your finance modelling skills, analytical expertise, alongside a continuous improvement mind-set and forward/creative thinking.
You will be aligned to business areas where you will be responsible for developing a suitable financial model of analysing relevant data and reporting back verbally and visually in a manner to suit the audience. Along with reporting your findings, you will also be solutions focused where you’ll provide stakeholders with recommendations to optimise performance. Your keen eye for detail will allow you to minimise any risks and maximise any opportunities. As the expert for your business areas you will review current metrics and maintain key relationships across the business to enable you to lead the forecasting and planning.
The Ideal Person:
• Comprehensive experience in an analytical environment, with a high competency in financial modelling and presentation of data.
• Proven stakeholder management, able to build effective working relationships at all levels
• Track record of challenging the status quo and influencing senior stakeholders to new ways of thinking
• Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel
• Able to interpret data and present in a suitable format to various audiences
• Demonstrated ability of being pro-active when problem solving
• Highly motivated and output focused with an inquisitive mind set to get to root causes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to effectively share knowledge with the internal Finance team as well as cross-functionally
• Desirable experience of data analysis using large consumer databases, and experience using VBA and SQL.
• ACA / ACCA / CIMA / ICAEW qualified, or Finance related degree (or equivalent) is desirable.
What you'll get in return
The chance to join an organisation with ambitious growth plans and one where colleagues truly matter. Our people focus incudes engagement, development opportunities and career path, diversity and the ability to influence. Benefits include a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
About the organisation
Cromwell is a subsidiary of W.W. Grainger, a U.S. Fortune 500 industrial supplies business.
Cromwell has been established for over 50 years and is a supplier of maintenance, repair and operations type products, offering an unrivalled choice of products to all industries, professions and trades.
From cutting tools to personal protection products and from precision equipment to abrasives and power tools, our extensive range brings together all the major brands and more in an unrivalled selection available from a single source.
We also offer a diverse profile of technical and specialist support, which ranges from in-depth product expertise, to on-site solutions to enable you to maximise performance.
We offer next day delivery or collection from our nationwide Stock Centres, supported by an overnight UK logistics network.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's