Senior Environmental Enforcement Officer
|Job Title:||Senior Environmental Enforcement Officer|
|Salary:||23000 - 23500|
|Contact Name:||Charmain Barbour|
|Job Published:||November 15, 2018 16:45|
Senior Environmental Enforcement Officer - Nuneaton
3GS is a specialist service provider focused on the provision of environmental enforcement services, using up to date technology to deliver the most effective solutions to combat environmental crime.
We are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic people to join our team of Enforcement Officers.
Previous Enforcement experience is not essential, as full training will be provided.
- To routinely foot patrol streets and public places to enforce environmental legislation and issue fixed penalty notices to offenders who commit criminal offences by the means of littering. Enforcement officers will be patrolling in Nuneaton city centre but also covering outer district areas as the contract expands.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager regarding any operational issues the team may have.
- Interaction with Nuneaton council contacts where necessary.
- Operating and downloading body cameras
- Compiling rotas and general administration.
- Continual mentoring and to maintain team members performance
- Interacting directly with clients and offenders.
- Preparing and submitting witness statements
- Attending court to give evidence when necessary.
- Ensuring you are working in accordance with relevant legislation, guidance, policies and procedures
- Operating and uploading body camera footage
- Carrying out ID and address checks with Head Office
- A calm and assertive manner with the ability to deal professionally and diplomatically with people from all backgrounds.
- A resilient character, as some interaction with the offenders, can occasionally be confrontational.
- Ability to defuse hostile situations professionally.
- Good observational and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for report writing and speaking with members of the public.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and on your own or as part of the team
- Capable of being on your feet and walking for long periods and in varying weather patterns
£23,500 per annum
The standard working rota is;
Monday – Sunday, working an 8 hour shift between the times of 7.00 – 19.30. You may occasionally be required to work outside of these hours.
28 holidays per year plus an additional bonus leave day per calendar quarter if achieved 100% attendance.
6 days company sick pay per year
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's