Senior Engineer (Submarine SQEP)Location:
Band 6 (£46,589 - £56,906)Role Type:
Full timeRole ID:
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Engineer (Submarine SQEP) at our Keynsham site.The role
As a Senior Engineer (Submarine SQEP) you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Providing expertise and support in own engineering specialisation to other members of the safety team.
Day to day, the main purpose of the role is the provision of Safety and Environmental management for all Babcock ME&S Submarine tasking including but not be limited to the provision of the following:
Essential experience of the Senior Engineer (Submarine SQEP)Key Technical Skills and Experience:
- Product Assurance (Safety & Environmental Assessments / Reports) for In-Service Submarine (ISM) design change Alterations and Additions (A&A's), Class Modifications (CMs) and Minor Trials (MTs).
- Submarine Systems Design Safety Justifications (DSJs).
- In-Service Submarines (ISM) High Level Hazard (HLH) Management Coordination.
- General safety advice/steerage and support to CE (Submarine Design).
- Submarine Safety Support to other Babcock Business Units (BUs) as required.
- Safety Advice and support to the Laid-up Submarine (LUSM) Project and Waterfront Organisation.
- Knowledge of MOD Health Safety and Environmental Protection (HS&EP) Policy and regulations ASEMS, POSMS and POEMS. DSA 01 and DSA 02.
- Knowledge of the In-Service Submarines (ISM) High Level Hazard (HLH) Management process.
- Knowledge of applicable Defence Standards and Joint Service Publications (JSPs) such as 00-056 (Safety Management Requirements for Defence Systems).
- Excellent technical report writing skills.
- Excellent facilitation and recording skills.
- Good knowledge of Naval Engineering in RN submarines.
- Experienced in multidisciplinary engineering environment.
- Ideally degree qualified but HND/HNC level qualification in an engineering discipline with extensive experience in relevant field will be considered.
- Ideally, hold the Defence Maritime Regulator's (DMR) Ship Safety & Environmental Management Training (SEMT) or Ship Safety Management Office (SSMO) Certificate.
- Ideally you will be a member of a relevant institution (e.g., IEMA, IMechE, RINA, IET, SARS etc.) and hold Chartered or Incorporated status (or be working towards).
This role is a hybrid role with a mix of working from home and working onsite at Keynsham
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
Generous holiday allowance
Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
Employee share scheme
Employee shopping savings portal
Payment of Professional Fees
Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Job Segment:
Engineer, CSR, Engineering, Management