- Job Reference: 00053206-1
- Date Posted: 15 July 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Blunsdon Saint Andrew, Wiltshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
There’s nothing better than knowing you’re part of a team that has made something perfect for someone. This commitment to perfection means our Engineers play a crucial role in maintaining the already high standards of our family-run business. With your proven experience as an Engineer, we’ll support you through high-quality training, great benefits and long-term career progression. The role will be both challenging yet rewarding, compiling and delivering complete civil engineering packages across the division. So, if you want to demonstrate your ability whilst enjoying great job satisfaction don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We are recruiting for an experienced Senior Engineer, to be based in our South West Region, in Swindon. As an experienced and meticulous Civil Engineer, your role will be to prepare designs and information packs for establishing satisfactory resolutions to engineering issues and for tender purposes as well as providing solutions to foundation and contamination issues and offering advice on SUDs and value engineering. Join our friendly family-owned company and you’ll be part of a business that will value you, your contribution and your ideas. We are committed to investing in your future as you contribute to the success of ours.
* Assisting in the production of site appraisals.
* Developing road and sewer designs with the approving bodies in order to solve all associated engineering issues.
* Preparing/Co-ordinating detailed Section 38 and Section 104 designs.
* Preparing/Co-ordinating external levels drawings.
* Preparing/Co-ordinating private drainage drawings.
* Briefing and managing the Foundation Design Consultant.
* Assembling and delivering the civil engineering package.
* Obtaining Section 38 and Section 104 approvals.
* Obtaining foundation design approvals.
* Completing Section 38 and Section 104 agreements.
* Discharging engineering related and building related issues.
* Assisting in the discharge of engineering related planning conditions.
* Arranging for Section 38 and Section 104 maintenance inspections and bond releases.
* Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
* Complying with and uphold company policies and procedures.
* Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
* Maintaining all health and safety aspects associated with Covid-19.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
* Experience of working for a house builder or consultancy.
* Production of engineering designs utilising standard software.
* HNC in Civil Engineering Studies or similar.
* Extensive knowledge of Section 38, 104 and 278 agreements.
* Knowledge and application of:
* Highway Design Standards.
* Sewers for adoption.
* Building Regs Part H & BS8301.
* PDS design software.
* Microdrainage design software.
* Ability to work in a multi-functional Team.
Company phone and workstation
Bupa Health Care Cover
Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
33 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays)
Group Staff Discount at Triumph Motorcycles ltd.
Competitive discount on our homes (dependent upon the property and location)
If you feel this vacancy could be your new career path, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV