Senior Electronic System Designer
- Job Reference: 00003373-1
- Date Posted: 19 March 2020
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
Key responsibilities will include:
1. Ownership of individual PCB projects:
- Liaise with the project manager to provide estimates for design and production phases.
- Documentation of specifications, test requirements and design intent in line with design procedures
- Schematic-level design
- Liaise with mechanical design team to ensure PCB designs are compatible with physical constraints
- Liaise with Test engineer to ensure design for test is considered
- Liaise with external layout contractors to obtain designs which are functionally appropriate, and meet the mechanical requirements
- Liaise with software/firmware team to provide interfacing information for PCBs
- Produce “Production Packs” for external manufacture of boards
2. Verification and development of electronic circuit designs using schematic-level simulation, optimisation of candidate designs and numerical / analytical analysis of critical circuit elements
3. Participate in design reviews in accordance with Design Procedure – both for “owned” PCB projects, and to review the work of other engineers.
4. Peer review of technical documentation (e.g. test procedures, review checklists, manufacturing instructions/drawings)
5. Contributing to Component Library Management
The successful candidate will have a strong fundamental understanding of digital & analogue electronics, with knowledge of signal integrity and design for EMC. They will be proficient in the use of OrCAD Capture 17.4 and a working knowledge of PCB Editor 17.4.
In addition to technical skills, you will have strong interpersonal skills, able to work under minimal supervision and work to deadlines. You will have a passion for electronic engineering, willing to develop junior members of the team and be able to provide specialist technical guidance to colleagues with varied background / knowledge
Ideally you will be a Chartered Engineer, however we are open to candidates with equivalent working experience
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?