This world class Engineering Company has an opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer at their Croydon facilities.
As Senior Electrical engineer, your main responsibilities will include:
* Managing Electrical tasks, testing protocols and issues in conjunction with the Senior Mechanical Engineer and Head of Engineering.
* Conforming to, owning, developing and managing the warranty process and control procedure (complaints management and warranty authorisation levels).
* Owning and managing all electrically biased Engineering Changes (ECs).
* Owning the creation, review, development, certification and management of electrically biased BoMs.
* Owning the management of all electrically biased data, manuals, drawings, information, etc.
* Determining, designing/ selecting and reverse engineering electrical components, systems and test equipment.
* Carrying out electrically biased investigations, analyses, research and assessments to support NCRs, customer complaints, warranty claims, fault diagnosis, casualties, overhaul activities, creation of COIs, method statements, manuals, work instructions, RAMS, etc.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Travelling to UK and global locations to support projects as required (and as Covid-19 restrictions allow).
* Conducting condition assessments and failure analysis and produce reports for internal use and externally for customer purposes (joint investigations, warranty claims), etc.
* Mentoring, training and advising personnel as appropriate and required in order to develop and increase knowledge, safety, confidence, attitudes, processes; skills, standards, etc.
* Assisting purchasing with supplier selection and assessment.
* Investigating, assessing, analysing, calculating, researching, evaluating, measuring, benchmarking, etc., physical assets, data, drawings, information, parts, systems, etc.
* Supporting company with all-brands projects to include parts selection, parts analysis, reverse engineering and any other specialist advice as required to achieve the project outputs and objectives.
Experience and Qualification required:
* Experienced engineer with a minimum HNC/HND qualification (or equivalent) in an electrical/ electronic/ avionics (Electrically biased) engineering discipline (degree in an Electrically biased engineering discipline would be preferable).
* An experienced design background, with a good balance of general design engineering, reverse engineering and rail experience is preferred, but experience from other sectors will be considered.
* A solid working knowledge and grasp of electrical fundamentals, principles and their application to products, fault diagnosis, analyses and design.
* Knowledge of rail products, electrical testing systems, fault diagnosis and root cause analysis, in-particular for: couplers, final drives, motor gear units, cooler groups, transmissions, electrical heads, contact boxes, uncoupling switches, jumper cables, sensors, gauges, motors.
* Knowledge of engineering standards and regulations pertaining to rail operations such as RSSB, RISAS, RISQS, TFL/ LUL.
* Knowledge of electrical assets and systems from other sectors including marine, oil and gas, industrial gearboxes/ motors/ pumps/ valves, sensors, instrumentation, condition monitoring, testing.
* Familiar in the use of CAD systems - (use NX and TeamCenter).
Specific skills and Knowledge:
* Fluent technical and conversational English.
* Knowledge of how a warranty/ complaints management system operates.
* Knowledge and use of SAP and ERP systems.
* Understanding of OPEX.
* Understanding of Production and manufacturing processes.
* Knowledge of the ISO 9001:2015 quality system.
* Knowledge of current HSE standards.
* Good leadership and influencing skills.
* Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Office applications.
* Knowledge of NPI and system design, requirements capture, component selection, FMECA, system integration, testing, system validation and verification.
£35k - £45k (dependent on experience) + benefits package including private health, life assurance and dental