Senior Electrical Engineer
This world class Engineering Company has an opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer at their Croydon facilities.
As Senior Electrical engineer, your main responsibilities will include:
* Managing Electrical tasks, testing protocols and issues in conjunction with the Senior Mechanical Engineer and Head of Engineering.
* Conforming to, owning, developing and managing the warranty process and control procedure (complaints management and warranty authorisation levels).
* Owning and managing all electrically biased Engineering Changes (ECs).
* Owning the creation, review, development, certification and management of electrically biased BoMs.
* Owning the management of all electrically biased data, manuals, drawings, information, etc.
* Determining, designing/ selecting and reverse engineering electrical components, systems and test equipment.
* Carrying out electrically biased investigations, analyses, research and assessments to support NCRs, customer complaints, warranty claims, fault diagnosis, casualties, overhaul activities, creation of COIs, method statements, manuals, work instructions, RAMS, etc.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Travelling to UK and global locations to support projects as required (and as Covid-19 restrictions allow).
* Conducting condition assessments and failure analysis and produce reports for internal use and externally for customer purposes (joint investigations, warranty claims), etc.
* Mentoring, training and advising personnel as appropriate and required in order to develop and increase knowledge, safety, confidence, attitudes, processes; skills, standards, etc.
* Assisting purchasing with supplier selection and assessment.
* Investigating, assessing, analysing, calculating, researching, evaluating, measuring, benchmarking, etc., physical assets, data, drawings, information, parts, systems, etc.
* Supporting company with all-brands projects to include parts selection, parts analysis, reverse engineering and any other specialist advice as required to achieve the project outputs and objectives.
The successful candidate will possess the following experience and qualification:
1).In-depth experience working in the rail industry as an electrical engineer with a good grasp of operating with rail standards such as RSSB, RISAS, RISQS, TfL/ LUL
2.Minimum HNC/HND qualification (or equivalent) in an electrical/ electronics/ avionics (Electrically biased) engineering discipline
3.Knowledge of rail electrical products and systems, including testing, fault diagnosis and root cause analysis. (Please note we are not looking for M&E from infrastructure engineering, but rail vehicle and products).
4.Team player with excellent technical, written and conversational English.
5.A flexible, positive, adaptable and proactive self-starter.
6.Knowledge of other (non-rail) electrical systems and assets advantageous.
7.‘Above the line’ attitude. ‘Can do’ approach.
8.Willingness and ability to improve and develop processes and standards.
9.Good grasp of operating in an ISO 9001:2015 quality system.
10.Willingness and ability to take on the management of tasks.
£35k - £45k (dependent on experience) + benefits package including private health, life assurance and dental