ABOUT THE CLIENT
Our award winning client is recruiting for a Senior security analyst to join a fast growing team. Their growth has continued during the pandemic with continued expansion of the team and client base. Our client are a managed security services provider (MSSP). They support clients across the globe, including the Middle East, Australia, and North America. Our client work across many industries including oil and gas, finance, legal, charity and public sector. They are proactive supporters of the Armed Forces community and have supported training programmes for Veteran employment in Scotland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The senior security analyst will support the ongoing development and operation of our client's managed security operations service. This will include mentoring and developing less experienced staff.
Typical daily tasks will include
- monitoring and classifying of security incidents,
- providing advice on mitigation or remedial actions to clients
- providing threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services
- monitor threat & vulnerability news services for relevant information that may impact our clients
- participate in compliance/vulnerability assessment scanning, and develop mitigation and remediation plans from the assessment findings
- investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends
Our client are looking for people to join their team who are curious and creative - helping to solve problems for clients in imaginative ways. You should be comfortable working in an agile environment whilst remaining accountable for your work. In addition, our client would like candidates to have:
- Either a degree in a related field or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall, SIEM and intrusion detection/prevention systems, vulnerability scanners, etc.)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- An understanding of commonly used Internet protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, and DNS
- Working knowledge of Python
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our client offer an unlimited holiday allowance and excellent training and development opportunities for employees. In addition, this role can attract a salary of £55,000 - £60,000.
If this role sounds of interest, get in touch with us today and we can set up a confidential discussion.